1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation: Eternal and Timely

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by pinoybaptist, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That's why God said that salvation is a GIFT in Eph. 2:8, and NOT of works in Eph.2:9. You don't work to earn a gift; you just accept it freely. I have never had to work for a gift; I've gotten every one of them free. God's forgiveness and salvation are a gift and free of charge to us just for the asking.

2. standingfirminChrist

I am a member of a Primitive Baptist church, not of the Primitive Baptist church, because there exists no such entity. As far as I know, almost every Baptist church member's church on this board claims descendancy from the New Testament church that Jesus Christ founded.

And many times on this board, I have stated that personally I do not believe that there is any church existing right now on this earth, Baptist or otherwise, who can trace its origins back to the first New Testament church founded by Jesus Christ Himself.

The church of which I was a member traces its roots only as far as the Welsh Baptists, and no further. In your haste to look for loopholes and mud, kid, you forgot that each Baptist church is autonomous, and no one church speaks for and in behalf of the other.

How about I say you have the same viciousness, irrelevance, callousness, and ignorance as Fred Phelps because he is a Baptist and you are a Baptist, and you therefore belong to the same group ? I am sure you will counter with "no way, our church does not agree with him", and being a Baptist I know what you are saying, and will think twice or thrice before I even began to say such statements.

Yet you don't use discretion, and you don't use your shiny head, kid.

I wonder if you think that the Savior has a special niche for you and your kind up there in heaven, assuming you are indeed heaven bound by God's grace, where He would tell you: Well, done, standingfirminChrist (or whatever your name is), stay here right by my side. You have triple crowns waiting for you because you have been such an enemy of your other brethren.

Do you really honestly think that what you believe against what others believe will get you quicker to heaven ? Discussions are for learning, kid, not for putting others down, like you looove to do with Calvinists, and now Primitive Baptists.

What you and I believe on this earth won't matter an ounce of dung when we get to heaven, because like I've said and will always say: Christ did not redeem anyone on the basis of their doctorates, masterals, bachelor's, or associate's degrees, or on the basis of their being rabid anti-Calvinists or anti-Arminians.

So now, let me ask you, kid, what does your church say about its succession. Does it teach you also descended from the New Testament church, or doesn't it ?[/quote]

I have never been a member of a Church that taught that it was a descendant of the New Testament Church.

Every Church I have ever been a member of has proclaimed to be members of the body of Christ.

We focus on the importance of Christ, not the Church.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, okay, then I forgive you, kid, and let your ignorance pass.

You know nothing about Baptist Distinctives then, like the Autonomy of the Local Church, which among other things mean one church cannot speak on behalf of another, or tell what the other should or should not believe, should or should not preach, should or should not do with its funds.

So, next time you try to put down Primitive Baptists remember that many Primitive Baptist churches do not subscribe to the idea of the Primitive Baptist church. No such animal exists.

#43 pinoybaptist, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  4. standingfirminChrist

And you accuse me of ignorance!

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever in light of the statements of what Primitive Baptist's are and what they believe.

Maybe you just labeled yourself Primitive Baptist and didn't realize what the Primitive Baptist Church adheres to.

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes no sense ?
    It only makes no sense to people like you whose main purpose for existing on this earth is to quarrel with others because of what they believe, because the only thing that makes sense to you is when your insults and mockeries inflict hurt on others.
    If to be a follower of Christ is to be like you, then I am ashamed of the label.
    Happily, you don't define what it is to be a follower of Christ.
    On the contrary, you are what such persons should not be.

I have not seen you engage Calvinists and others who adhere to the Doctrine of Grace in a decent and loving way. Most of the time I have read your post they are either insulting, sarcastic, derogatory or inflammatory, without so much as a pretense to intelligence or to comprehension.

You remind me of a hoodlum who drives by and shoots at people who are minding their own business just because it's about the best thing you can do, having no life at all.

You know nothing about Primitive Baptists, who they are, where they come from, how they came to be called Primitive Baptists, yet you insinuate against the integrity of these people. Neither in my opinion do you know anything in depth about what Calvinists believe, and you do the same thing.

6. standingfirminChrist

LOL. and you think you aren't quarreling yourself?

As to no intelligence when debating with Calvinist's, I like to make sure they understand what I am saying, so I try to talk in their level of understanding... which apparently they still refuse to hear.

I know a lot more about the Primitive Baptist's than you think.

#46 standingfirminChrist, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  7. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I am. But only when someone else starts it, kid.
    I try my best not to start a fight, especially with those who name the Name of Christ as their own, like you do.
    Now, if you were an unbeliever, I would probably back off and just keep quiet.
    But since you call yourself a Christian, I suppose you know what the Bible says about how we ought to treat brethren, and when you put down people instead of lifting them up.....well, I will mix it up with you, kid.

You just proved what I am saying about your insulting, abrasive, and uncouth character.

No, you don't.
    Prove to us that Primitive Baptists dictate to one another what one another believe.
    The church whose pages you referenced is speaking for itself, and will not claim to speak for all Primitive Baptists.
    If there are 1000 PB's and 999 of them believe they are directly descended from Jerusalem then they are still not speaking for all Primitive Baptists.
    So, straighten your tongue, kid.

8. standingfirminChrist

you started the insults, pinoy. I see you can dish it out but can't take it, eh?

I will stop since you apparently are getting tearful

9. nunatak

nunatak New Member

yawn:sleeping_2:

10. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the kid and I are having our "senior moments", nunatak.
    when you wake up it'll be over.
    thanks for your patience.

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

Wow! That could hardly be more wrong.

"Dispensing information and instruction" is called "DISCIPLING." In discipling, there is the presumption of the salvation of the listener (which I see you do presume.).

Your "theory" turns 1Cor 2 on its head! FIRST Paul shared the gospel, and only the gospel (2:1-5), with the Corinthians who were unsaved. THEN he discipled them in "spiritual truth" which they could NOT see until, receiving the gospel and Christ, they were made able to understand!!

If you are a pastor under your "theory," then you are merely putting new wine into old skins, pinoy!

skypair

12. skypair

skypair Active Member

pinoy,

Have you ever heard Paul's injunction to Timothy --- "Ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth [Christ]?" 2Tim 3:7 That's what happens when you "disciple" ("inform and instruct") the lost!

skypair

#52 skypair, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008