1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation/Loss of the soul

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J. Jump, Jul 9, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

No that was actually HoG that dealt with your issues on Strongs. I have not changed my position, because you are attributing something to me that I didn't say, but that's pretty normal for you :)

That choice is yours, but you will be sticking with man-made tradition and not the Truth of God's Scripture unfortunately.

2. standingfirminChrist

I have a never beginning and never ending life. I have this life because I placed my trust in Christ and His finished work on the Cross.

Paul said in Galatians 2:20 'it is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me.' When I got saved, Christ's never beginning, never ending life was imparted to me.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

SFIC I agree with that to an extent, but your spirit was dead in trespasses and sin, and there was a moment that your actual spirit was made alive and it will never die again. Your spirit will continue to live forever, but you have a spiritual birthday, which marks the beginning of life for your spirit. That is not eternal life, but everlasting life, becuase your spirit was made alive and one that day it was made to never die again.

4. standingfirminChrist

JJump,

That life that I have is not my own. It is Christ's life. Christ imparted His life to me. And since His life never had a beginning and never had an ending, I have that very same never beginning, never ending life.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So are you denying that you have a literal spirit and that it was literally brought from death to life? Not the life that is supposed to be lived out in you, but a literal spirit in you that was dead and is now alive, do you deny that?

6. standingfirminChrist

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If it is not I that lives, but Christ, and His life never had a beginning or ending, then I have that same life, never beginning and never ending.

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So are you denying that you have a literal spirit and that it was literally brought from death to life? Not the life that is supposed to be lived out in you, but a literal spirit in you that was dead and is now alive, do you deny that?

Simple question.

8. standingfirminChrist

I have a literal spirit, the Word of God bears this out. I would be foolish to deny it.

But my spirit was given the eternal life that is in Jesus Christ my Lord upon my placing my trust in Him and His finished Work on the Cross.

Christ came to give life to those that were dead in trespasses and sins. His life. His life is eternal and He has imparted that same life to me.

I have a never beginning and never ending life.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well you are doing a good job of trying to cram everything into your little circle, but it doesn't all fit I'm afraid.

You try to claim this and then deny that and contradict yourself all along the way. But it certainly is obvious that you are closed minded to anything other than what you believe, so there really is no use in going forward, becuase you have all the answers.

And if in your world everyone belived the way SFIC the world would be a much better place huh :) Well so be it, but I will continue to trust in the Word and not SFIC if you don't mind.

10. standingfirminChrist

Christ gave me His life. What is so hard to understand about that? I have eternal life in Christ. His eternal life.

11. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I'm merely asking a question. I asked it ONCE. You contend that I "keep wanting to come in here and say that he has stated this." I'm not making any statement. J. Jump talks about about losing your soul. I haven't heard about any other way to do that. Maybe you or JJ can enlighten us.

#31 StraightAndNarrow, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
  12. StraightAndNarrow

Furthermore, it's ridiculous for YOU to call someone else a false witness. You and JJ support the unbiblical beliefs that:

1) The four Gospels do not speak to us about eternal salvation.

2) John 3:16 doesn't have anything to do with eternal salvation.

and last but not least,

3) JESUS CHRIST did not come to the world to teach and preach about eternal salvation but rather about the Millenium.

Now, that's a false witness.

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

There is nothing hard to understand there. I agree with you, but I would ask you what is so hard to understand that your spirit actually has a birthday (a beginning of life) and therefore has everlasting life. It's not one as opposed to the other, but both.

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Please show me the verse where it says that Jesus Christ preached eternal salvation?

Here it what Jesus preached - From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

He is preaching His kingdom which in this context is the millenial kingdom. So it looks like you are incorrect again.

15. BCF Jeff

BCF Jeff New Member

JJ are you say the Christ's kingdom is limited to the millenial kingdom?

16. genesis12

genesis12 Member

What happens to the soul that is lost? Or gets lost?

17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

With your question you are getting into the difficulties of trying to explain the Truth of the Trinity and how that plays out in the separation of the roles between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The details of that I'm not sure how that works out, because we are not given a lot of details. What we can know and what we must do is find out what is given to us through God's Revelation to mankind.

And in that we are shown that Christ will rule for a 1,000 years and at the end of that rule He will return the throne back to God and the throne will become the throne of God and the Lamb.

Seeing the 1,000-year reign of Christ in no way contradicts the eternality of God's kingdom, because God is the One in charge of appointing rulers in His Kingdom. And He will appoint His Son to rule over the earth for a 1,000 years before Christ will give that rulership back and the rule will become One again.

I hope that helps.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Sorry Genesis I have a time of getting your questions lost in the shuffle :)

We are not given a lot of detail as to what that looks like. It is described as outer darkness, condemnation, destruction and punishment to name a few.

The soul is one's agenda. What that person desires out of life. God wants us to desire what He wants, so that His will is done, not our own.

There are Christians that don't care to do God's will and still want to do their own thing. And that attitude will not work in the coming kingdom nor eternity.

So instead of the folks getting it straight in the 70-80 years or however long they live after salvation on this earth they will have to learn that lesson for a 1,000 years, because we will be doing God's bidding in eternity, whatever that might be.

One of the best examples to see is where the Lord said He was going to and did destroy Soddom and Gomorah, but the angels that came to Lot said they were going to destroy the two cities.

What happens is God declares something to happen and appoints someone to carry out the action and it is done in such a precise manner that it is as if God is the one doing it. And so if we aren't interested in obeying God now there isn't anything that magically happens to us when we die that makes us want to obey Him then, so those that don't learn it now will have to learn it then.

We will be ruling under Christ. So if we can't follow orders here why would we follow orders in that 1,000-year period?

19. genesis12

genesis12 Member

However, one is saved by grace thru faith and cannot become unsaved. Death and the grave have no part in the saved persons eternity. So speak to that "saved" part, then tell us how the soul is different and can suffer, as you say, "outer darkness, condemnation, destruction and punishment to name a few." I think that is where folks who don't understand your posts get confused. I am saved for eternity, but my soul is to suffer? Explain one, then the other, as briefly and uncomplicated as possible. I may have to shut down due to a thunderstorm, but I'll check back later today.

20. StraightAndNarrow

This is what you said:

000 Posts Club Join Date: Oct 2004

RE: What Sins Are Christians Capable Of?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

When I said do a word study I didn't mean go to a lexicon and read some other "man's" works. I meant do a word study and see what the word means.

But let me do your homework for you, although I have already stated this I think before. Aionios is a Greek adjective, which means it is a descriptive word. It's a descriptive word that desribes the root word it comes from which is the Greek noun aion. Aion means age. A beginning and an end.

So why would a word be used to mean eternal which is actually totally opposite of the root word? That doesn't even make sense.

Now granted the word can mean eternal when used in connection with God, because we know God is eternal. But outside of that it means age-lasting, which is actually descriptive of the root word it describes.

Once again, your memory is a "little" hazy.