1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Same-Sex Marriage and Sin

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by manchester, Oct 25, 2004.

1. manchester

manchester New Member

The Bible does not contemplate homosexual sex inside marriage. The Bible condemns (nonmarital) homosexuality as sin. It also condemns heterosexual sex outside of marriage as unnatural, sin, abomination. Will homosexuality cease to be a sin if gay marriage is passed and it occurs inside marriage?

2. steveo

steveo New Member

It is still sin.
    Levitucus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is a abomination(sin)

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Manchester;
    I am utterly amazed you would even ask such a question.
    Of course it is still sin.
    Just because MAN may sanction such a despicable thing, in no way does it even remotely imply God would.
    In His service;
    Jim

4. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, do you think God abhors sodomy because it goes against His Holiness or because it's not legally licensed?

I do like to post whole chunks of Bible so we can get the meaning in context. Forgive me for the length of the following quote from Romans but do read it through to get your answer from the Bible!

Romans 1:20-32 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thought and the act is sin. Whether "legal" in the sight of a perverse government is not the issue. It is ABOMINATION and those who are such are to be stoned (in a perfect theocracy).

Man's laws do not alter God's laws. Remember that the US Constitution/Laws said Blacks were only 5/8 of a white person, not "human" and property like a cow or horse. That was wrong even though the law said it was right.

6. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Marriage is a MAN and WOMAN!

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

According to God, it has always been a sin and it always will. It does not matter what man says or does. As christians we have a choice to believe God or not. Believeing homosexual marriage is alright is to disbeleive God.

8. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

I agree with every thing you all said but you missed one thing homosexuality is also rebellion and what does samual say about rebellion well Samuel 15:23 says "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.

Hope you don't mind my input
    Fishnbread.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Marriage as defined by the state is not equal to a marital covenant as defined by scripture. Scripturally, the marital covenant is limited between one man, one woman, and the Lord. Anything outside that is not considered a scriptural marriage. Sex outside a scriptural marriage is fornication, according to scripture.

10. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

I think we can all agree on one thing homosexuality is a sin and homosexual marriage is a slap in God's face.

11. Mark S

Mark S New Member

I realize that homosexuality is Sin whether inside or outside of Marriage. I ask this question, How can the Lutheran Church make an openly Gay Pastor a Bishop, and think this is alright in the eyes of God? I realize this thread is on Gay marriage, however, I feel this falls in the same or a similar category.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

If you think about it, all sin is rebellion, all sin is some type of idolitary.

13. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Well Mark S it is simple the Lutheran Church is a false Church and as such they may do a number of things that are out of context with the Bible.

14. Mark S

Mark S New Member

I agree Fishnbread, My concern which I will post in a seperate thread as well as here, is that as they are a false Church they are leading their flock astray and Souls are being lost. That is my concern. The lost souls. The possible millions of people that think that they are going to heaven because they are doing as the church tells them, and they aren't because their church is doing things to cast a shadow on them.

15. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

DonnA your some what right.
    [​IMG]

16. manchester

manchester New Member

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think it does, as part of being married is the cultural significance, and public statement. IMO, part of entering into the marital covenant for Christians is also meeting the cultural qualifications. For example, if two people at the age of 13 want to get married and decide to live together as spouses, they can't. Not because scripture forbids it, but because society generally forbids it. Society presumes that, in most cases, minors are incapable of entering into a contractual agreement. So, whould we Christians heck say "to heck with the 18 age minimum and let high school kids marry"? Not likely.

18. manchester

manchester New Member

So state sanction matters for most marriages but not for gay marriages?

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sure, the state CAN sanction matters for most marriages, but it's in debate as to whether it SHOULD.

20. KeithS

KeithS New Member

Yes.

Been down that road in the prior posts. We have a responsibility to God first and the state second (because God said to obey those in authority over us). It's God, not the State, who prescribes the qualifications for marriage partners. The State may make additional requirements or remove some requirements. As long as the State does not disagree with the Bible, we are obligated to follow the state.