1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Same-Sex Marriage and Sin

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by manchester, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Kieth, while I agree with your line of thought, there's a difference between us adhering to God fist and then State is not the same as the State doing the same thing. Otherwise, we end up making things like tithing and church attendence mandatory, making it illegal for a man to take the Lord's name in the privacy of his own home (which was nearly impossible for a Cardinals fan to do this weekend), outlawing the practice of Judaism, Catholicism, Presbyterianism, etc.

2. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Manchester the bible does not condone homosexuality or homosexual marriage. if the state says it's ok that doesnt mean that God does jesus said render unto caesar the things that are caesers and to God the things that are God's.That means follow the law but follow God's law as well. after all the state isnt forcing you to marry someone of the same gender it's just trying to give you the option. And i dont think you should exercise that option because it is not of God but of the Devil.

God bless you Bro Johnv.

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

It does if you are getting a divorce.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."Gays" can go through all of the ceremonies they want they will never be married.They can also stand in a garage and make a noise like an engine and they will never be a car.

5. KeithS

KeithS New Member

Johnv,

I don't think we disagree, but I did not entirely follow you here. I'm a bit slow on the uptake today.

Paul espoused one philosophy that worked itself out in two contradictory ways (contradictory in appearance, but not in reality). He said to obey the authorities over us. Consistent with Jesus' reminder to render to Ceasar. He also said that if you suffer as an evil doer it is justified, but if you suffer for your good works as a believer you have a reward. The implication is that you may indeed be required to disobey the same authority you have been told to obey.

Without expanding the context to include other relationships, we obey God first, then State. If the State proscribes a silly law requiring us to wear boots on our heads in Fliber-O-Loo, do we disobey? What if the law is that we cannot go to church unless we have a Bible with us? What if the law requires registration before going to church? What if the law forbids church attendance and requires us to never read from the Bible again? What if the law says we cannot discuss politics from the pulpit prior to an election? At this point each of us must determine by prayer and our own conscience where the line is being crossed by State and may be disobeyed without also disobeying God's command to submit.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a problem with this thread. Google ads look at the TITLE/CONTENT of a thread, then randomly select an ad for the top of the page. This pays the bills for the BB.

Sadly, when it sees "Same Sex Marriage" it is coming up with ads promoting sodomy, etc.

I must close this down to eliminate those offensive ads. When we get the ads eliminated (they must be hand-deleted from the google package) we will open it back up.

Or start another WITHOUT a "homo" reference.

Trust you all will bear with us.