1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Samples from the KJO sect

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Trotter said:

Her reasoning is this: Since she has to have so many credits of a foreign language, why not take one that most of the others she would want to learn comes from?

Indeed! William Carey, the missionary, used the same reasoning to learn Sanskrit: it was the key to understanding virtually every other major dialect used in India. After becoming a professor of the language, he actually became the first European to deliver a public message in Sanskrit. Of course, he was naturally gifted in languages, having taught himself Latin before reaching his teens.

I wish I'd had that initiative. A working knowledge of Latin would open up vast opportunities to read some great old theology.

To put this on some semblance of the topic, I have actually encountered KJV-onlyists who would say Carey's efforts were wasted and he should have spent his time teaching the Hindus English. :(