1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sampling of Churches that Support Transgender Day!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 18, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe we may not be surprised with the attached news clips, still I wanted to share them to keep you aware of the growing move from following Scripture, to be more tolerant of those who live in sin and rejection of God's natural calling (designation) for the human body (male and female). :tear:

It appears that tolerance is slowly winning out. Of course, only time will tell??? :tear:

SEE: http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-national-coming-out-day-20111011,0,7130786.story

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-11/news/29761860_1_lesbian-gay-pride-month-gay-rights-movement

http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...ervice-for-transgender-day-of-remembrance.ece

I also believe, that someone on this forum, wrote and shared about a Baptist church that was recognizing gays and gay marriage. I couldn't find that article, so, if that memeber could provide that article/web site, it would be most appreciated!

:type:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is so sad is that many people say that Jesus accepted everyone no matter what - but they don't see the full issue: that Jesus loved everyone and sat with them - and their lives were changed from full of sin to full of Him. You didn't see Zaccheus still sitting stealing from people and relishing it. Instead he repented and changed. They just see the "you are wonderful" side and not the "I'm going to change you" side. :(

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann: Once Again, You Get a Big.....

AMEN!!! :saint::saint::saint:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "I'm going to take away your sin nature side! I can relate:godisgood:

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly....

....a large number of my family members believe as Ann said, "Jesus loves everyone, and there is no need to deal with the "born-again" stuff. Afterall, God loves everyone, and would NEVER send anyone to hell.

They also argue: "How could a God of love EVER send anyone to hell to suffer for eternity???" OR, "If that is what God is all about (sending people to hell), then I don't want to have anything to do with Him!"

This kind of one god for all mankind is truly not in line with Scripture, and again, one of the main reasons I believe Matthew 7:12-15 is spot on: "There is a narrow path; narrow gate; and a very wide road (highway/freeway) to hell!

#5 righteousdude2, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
  6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I could only watch about the first 30 seconds and I had to turn it off. This kind of thing is tragic for all involved. As difficult as it is to see this kind of thing made public, what is even more difficult is to watch week after week pastors who never deal with the issues today of our society, through scripture, and because of it this kind of thing, sin and error, starts to win its way into the church.

While most churches would not go as far as in those clips I assure that most churches have a confused membership on this issue, and many more issues, and all that it includes because the Pastors are not doing their job of teaching the flock and protecting them from this kind of error.

7. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Does God take away our sin nature?

John

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Wonder what Jesus meant by saying that God made them man and woman, and they would become 1 flesh?
    Must be that Jesus did not access to the latest psych research/papers, and that Apostle paul was also wrong, as both of them ONLY had the View of God on it?

IF they would have had benefit of modern science, they would know that there are alternative lifestyles that God gave to people?

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

This is a perfect example of what is at stake when repentance is not preached in the Gospel message to the lost.

Some on here teach that if a person believes they've repented. Not quite. Better yet, not close and not truth. Teaching this is not preaching the truth, it's preaching error.

10. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

True repentance from the Biblical perspective would be for us to realise that our current behaviour is sinful, and that we need to confess to God that we agree with him that it is sinful practice, and by His empowering/reading word/good church/accountible partner etc use His tools to overcome it!

I KNOW that sincer saved persons can and do struggle with these 'sexual" things, but also they would know that it is sinful to keep doing that, and have mindset to continue to keep pressing on in Christ, to make sure keep their fellowship clean with God by having immediate confession and moving on!

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No that is not repentance. The bible says repentance towards God. It is a 180 degree turn to God for all He is. In other words it is surrender with no measure.

12. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm a bit confused here...which is common and likely my fault...

Are we talking about GLBT friendly churches or specifically transgender supporting churches?

The National Coming Out Day was supported by a lot of churches...mostly mainline, declining churches. The church where I serve would never support a Coming Out Day.

Now if you're talking about specifically transgender this is a different conversation. In the group GLBT, you're talking about three groups/letters who choose their identity and lifestyle. The fourth, final, group is, literally, born with a genetic and physical abnormality that causes difficulties in personal identity and social functions...not to mention the obvious issues with romantic relationships. This group had been forgotten for a long time, but has been partnered with under the umbrella of GLBT to advance their case.

I'm not unsympathetic to their plight. Keep in mind that transgendered people are only, likely, 2 to 3 percent of the population...but that is still 6,000,000 to 8,000,000 people in the US alone. They have significant emotional, physical, and social struggles. Often they are divided in how they should act and never get good counsel.

In our ministry we welcome anyone who wants to attend our church. Our size prohibits us checking someone's card when they come in, but even if we were smaller we wouldn't prohibit anyone from attending. When it comes issues of s3xuality we teach the biblical standard that the only proper, God honoring expression of s3xual intimacy is between a man and woman who are married to each and done so in their bond of marriage.

Just curious what the OP is asking about really. Because the links you provided were for GLBT and not just transgendered.

(It'll be interesting to see how long this thread stays open at this point.)

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In My Mind....

....Transgender and gay sin, is all the same, "sin!"

So I am asking about your thoughts on this Sunday being "Transgender Day" as well as any other form of sinful confusion that causes a person to cease moving forward in the body and mind, they were born with, abandoning God's design for their own vain imaginations and sin!

I started out with the issue of transgenders, and decided that no matter what their "poison" it is still poison to the soul and it will send them to hell if they don't repent and follow the path and plan God has laid before them. Matthew 7:15 specifically states (NLV) that the path is "difficult" meaning that it may be a life of struggle (to remain on the path) but it is the "only" way that leads to the narrow gate!

I also love the following version of Matthew 7:12-15 from the Message Bible, "Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God's Law and Prophets and this is what you get. (Being and Doing) Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention.
    Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character. Who preachers are is the main thing, not what they say. A genuine leader will never exploit your emotions or your pocketbook. These diseased trees with their bad apples are going to be chopped down and burned."

That said, it shouldn't matter, if there are churches willing to celebrate "Come out Sunday" or Transgender Day" it is all sin, and those professing to be churches are misleading the general populous and taking them down the more broad road, or as I refer to it: "The highway to hell!"

Thanks for your question pij, I hope this clears up the muddy waters and confusion.

14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you know. . .

Oklahoma Southern Baptists' own Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City was once a mecca for people seeking this surgery? It's Gender Identity Foundation facilitated more than fifty surgeries. Reportedly even Christine Jorgensen got some "touch up" work done there.

Baptists Debate Hospital S-x Changes

16. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

We seem to neglect the biblical word that says that we are dead in our sin and trespasses, and that only God can raise us from that death. As long as we continue to forget the main issue, we will also continue in religious exercise that at the end of the day, profits none. Scary thought is that WE can do nothing to impact the direct will of God, save pray and beg His mercy. Even if we had total libertarian free will, so would God, and what is it about us that would cause Him to bend to our will? The answer is "nothing." It is by His will that we are saved.

17. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Okay, I'm really confused as to what you mean by this. We aren't talking about people who dress in drag. These are people who have a genetic malformation that causes them to anatomically have aspects of both reproductive systems.

So I'm not sure how that can be sin...

Nobody is calling it "National Transgender Day." All the stuff you posted called it "National Coming Out Day" which is what it is.

Also I answered how we would address the issue at the church where I serve.

Yeah, this is what I don't get...they were, literally, born with this genetic defect. How is that sin?

Well I still hold out hope for people who are practicing a homos3xual lifestyle as well as people who are practicing sinful hetro relations. We live in a broken world and deal with broken people. We don't have to condone their behavior to provide a place of restoration from it.

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please Read the Article Clips!

You apparently didn't read this press release from a Riverside newspaper: http://www.pe.com/local-news/riversi...emembrance.ece

And there is a huge difference between transgenders (those who surgically remake their body to the other sex) and "crossdressers!"

If you feel it is a "genetic" problem, so be it! Than they need to treat their symptoms like anyone else with a chronic health problem or disease, get help to live with it, and not live in sin with it.

I know many people who want to be transgenders, or live a homos3xual life, but have gotten psychiatric help and Rx's and with faith, prayer, and hard work (fighting temptation) they live the life God ordained for them to live, and as believers!

That doesn't mean I've given up on those who live in sin. I am just saying, to live in these life styles and deny the role God called and ordained for you, regardless of the "genetic disposition" is a sin! I haven't quit sharing His goodnews with anyone, which includes those denying their true sexual calling!

You can have your views, please allow me to have mine. I am not arguing and saying you are wrong. But, from where I stand, these folks are sinning. :tear:

#18 righteousdude2, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  19. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

From the 1st posted link....

You know, the sad part is that we...the faithfull, non apostate christians, are the ones who REALLY love them as they really are.

We are the ones who love them enough to tell them the truth!

God have mercy on these apostate religious conterfiet *pastors*!

#19 Alive in Christ, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  20. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Wow. I know you mean well, I really do, but its been a while since I've seen that much legalistic bondage packed in to one statement. Its a miracle anyone would get set free taking that route.

I was a 1st class mess when I came to the end of myself. Addicted to reefer, whiskey, uppers, downers. acid, etc etc etc. The whole shabang. Lots of people witnessed to me, and I listened. Boy, did I listen. It was like cool water for a man stranded in the desert

When I finally broke, after a time of great conviction, and called upon Jesus, in tears, the totality of my plea was....

Jesus, FIX ME! I;m broke and I need to be fixed. Pleeeease fix me.

And the most amazing things started happening. in the process of time, things started falling out of my life. No counseling, no accountability partners, structured pastoral discipline, etc etc etc. No ANY of that.

The only help I had was a bible that a christian gave me.

Then, after a while, I came upon a few good radio boadcasts. (J Vernon McGee, Chuck Smith. Bob George, the bible answer man, Jack Hayford, Charles Stanley, and a few local broadcasts.

Praise God, Praise God, Praise God.

In time I walked into a church during a time when nothing was going on, but the pastor was there. I asked him if we could talk, and I told him my story. I started coming to the services, was blessed, and expressed my desire to be water baptized.

And the rest is history

I didnt mean to go that long, but when I give my testimomy, I get blessed!:wavey: