1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

San Diego pastor cited: having bible study in house

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, May 28, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

This is beyond scary:

http://www.10news.com/news/19562217/detail.html

The "permit" that they have to get to have 15 people over for Bible study costs $25,000 or more.

I guess "freedom of religion" and "freedom of assembly" don't apply in the People's Republic of California.

I know of some officials that should lose their jobs...today. They are the political equivalent of hemmorhoids.

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a clear violation of a person's First Amendment right to peacfully assemble. If I were him, I would challenge that stupid rule.

When I was a kid (probably about five years old). I remember on occasion a couple of parents would get together in the neighborhood & hold a make shift children's church / bible study. I am certain there was at least 30 or more of us kids on that neighbor's back porch. This was in Elizabeth City, NC.

If that rule ever becomes a nationwide thing I would challenge people to not only oppose it, but intentionally have a Bible study in their own homes. The law obviously can't go after everybody. I also believe that police officers would also have a hard time wrestling with their conscience while enforcing this law (most of them anyway).

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They need to contact Liberty counsel so they can put an end to the whole thing.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

you can't have guests in your home wihtout a license? or is just christiasn you can't have in your home?

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I know there's disagreement about much on here...but I would hope we've finally found something we all unanimously agree on. This is insanity.