1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sandra Bland Family Seeking Independent Autopsy of Woman Found Dead in Texas Jail

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 20, 2015.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

My assumption was that as this is a discussion board it would be assumed that without citation such would be considered ones opinion. My belief based in other threads is that you default to attributing guilt on race - which is just as bad as assuming innocence based on race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

THAT is essentially what I said you were doing. You ASSUMED because like many others , you want me to be a racist because I point out obvious issues of race that the many of you generally deny.

But as I said, this looked to be a coverup based on the weirdness. You ASSUMED I said so because of race.

That's your issue.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are assuming that I want you to be a racist? That's kinda silly. I merely weighed the odds and formed an opinion based solely on comments in this forum. I don't want anyone to be a racist, and I may come to see that you are actually far from holding racial agendas of your own. But it is not an issue of mine....I frankly don't care if you are another Jessie Jackson or David Duke (and I don't think you are, of course....but if you were it still would not be an issue for me). Perhaps if we concentrated on the situation instead of race one would not come to the conclusion that this has anything to do with the woman being black. And I apologize if I mistook your comments to indicate that you suspect this would not have happened if the woman were white.

#43 JonC, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Based upon your past posts, I venture that you think I'm kinda racist.
    If you say so.

That's what I did with the police case.

That would be ideal. But we don't live in an ideal world. I don't think she was murdered because she was black, if she was murdered. I do believe her "strange" death is consistent with a lot of other strange deaths of black people while in the custody of police.

But I do wonder how many times do folks in handcuffs in the back of a patrol car have to "shoot themselves" or a woman about to start a new job hang herself with a trashbag all in the custody of the police before someone decides something just ain't right in these cases.

Apology accepted and extended if I mistook your words.

I think she would still be dead if she were white and she started saying the things that she said to the officer.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The only thing we all know for sure is that it was ok with her, since It was her decision to "end up dead".

What we think doesn't really matter much. What a race baiter thinks matters even less.