1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Santa Claus in Church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Moby Noah, Jan 10, 2013.

1. smalltown

smalltown New Member

When we talk about Santa Claus, or should I say when we LIE about Santa Claus, isn't it a coincidence that Santa Claus is supposed to reside at the North Pole? God lives in the North.

Psalms 75:6-7 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. 7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another. Promotion doesn’t come from the east, west nor south but God is the judge. He promotes. There is only one direction left.

When Lucifer rebelled against God, he said, Isaiah 14:13 I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

God’s throne is in the North.

“He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you’re awake;” Omniscient, is he?

Santa Claus is described as dressed in red, with white hair and a white beard. Sounds very similar to the description of Jesus in Revelation 1, and note that the Lord Jesus will return with His garments made red in the blood of His enemies.

The devil just happens to have made an “imitation Jesus,” and his name is Saint Nick, or Santa Claus.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Talk about a stretch and misapplication of scripture! Wow!

3. smalltown

smalltown New Member

Could you explain what my misapplication of scripture was?

4. smalltown

smalltown New Member

The true meaning of the words, "Merry Christmas!"

Merry means to be happy, joyful and light-hearted. Most people think that the word, "Christmas" means "the birth of Christ.” By definition, it means "death of Christ." The word Christmas comes from "Cristes Maesse", an early English phrase that means "Mass of Christ." The word "Mass" in religious usage means a "death sacrifice." When millions of people are saying, "Merry Christmas", they are literally saying "Merry death of Christ!"

Jesus said in Matthew 12:36-37, "But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

Our words do count and Satan knows it.

December 25th is the great homecoming day, when all of the Protestants become Catholic for a day. It would seem that all of the so-called "wayward daughters" of the Romish church return to their mother, the scarlet harlot. Thus, all of the so-called Protestant churches could sing to the Pope that popular song "I'll be home for Christmas."

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You nailed it. One more nail: the Bride of Christ does not participate in such things, never has. She remains undefiled, kept by the Bridegroom, led by the Holy Spirit in all Truth, in the pillar and ground of the Truth: the New Testament Church.

It is hard to break away from the god of mammon.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

6. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Ahh, but God knows my heart, and He knows that when I say "Merry Christmas", I am saying merry day that we celebrate our Lord and Savior coming to this earth. It's all in your definition. I looked it up online and found it means this in the english:

Christ·mas
    [kris-muhs] Show IPA

noun
    the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an occasion for exchanging gifts.

Just saying that we define it as the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus today.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

It's 11 months too early for this tripe.

8. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

no it isn't. It's over a month too late. :)

9. smalltown

smalltown New Member

Zechariah 2:6 Ho, Ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

In Zechariah it is the LORD who says, “Ho, ho!” And notice the direction mentioned in the verse - “the land of the North.” Is it just a coincidence that this imaginary man from the North Pole also says, “Ho, ho, ho?"

10. smalltown

smalltown New Member

As previously stated, the word "Mass" in religious usage means a "death sacrifice." The impact of this fact is horrifying and shocking; for when the millions of people are saying, "Merry Christmas", they are literally saying "Merry death of Christ!" Furthermore, when the fat man in the red suit laughs boisterously and says, "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas", he is mocking and laughing at the suffering and bleeding Saviour, who died for our sins. He does this while parents place their little children into his waiting arms to hear his false promises of gifts that he says he will give them. I just meant to convey that people should consider what they are saying when they say "Merry Christmas."

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Is your glass half-empty, too?

:laugh:

12. smalltown

smalltown New Member

By the way, do you know where the head of the local Masonic chapter sits in the lodge room? He sits in the NORTH. He is called "Worshipful Master" (a blasphemous title).

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So apparently you must believe that person must be baptized to be saved? Act 2:38

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Amazing, the things you learn on here, true or not.

15. smalltown

smalltown New Member

That’s right Bro. James

Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
    Oh may I then in Him be found.
    Dressed in His righteousness alone,
    Faultless to stand before the throne.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Santa Claus, living Christmas trees, passion plays or anything that imitates the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross, dramas, etc are simply one of many ploys that churches use to satisfy the carnal appetites of the congregation.

I suppose this makes me a true blue foaming at the mouth fundamentalist. Jesus Christ died for the true Church, not for a pretend church.

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

And some might say it just makes YOU carnal. But that's not for us to judge, nor is it for you to judge others who do those things you disagree with.

Romans 14:1-12

18. smalltown

smalltown New Member

Couldn't agree more. I think the reason most pastors don't preach against Christmas is because they know they would lose half their flock. I thought they were supposed to be the watchdogs of the sheep.

Isaiah 56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

19. smalltown

smalltown New Member

One thing I've learned in life is that a year goes by pretty quickly. It’s never too early to prepare for the commercialized, brain-washing assault of the yuletide season. It takes a steely resolve to not get involved with it. It’s usually members of my family that tend to pull me back into it but I am resolved to not let that happen again.

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

There's many things that worry me about the state of God's church before that of having a fictional character named "Santa" there or having a Christmas tree in there.

For one there is the spiritual immaturity of those who call themselves believers who twist the Scriptures (or the facts) to try and disprove anything they disagree with.

That's called "lying", folks. God does not bless it.