1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Santana to Mets - who wins?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Feb 2, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Being generous, the Twins traded Santana for 60 cents on the dollar. When trading the best pitcher of the decade, don't you have to get the Mets best prospect in the deal? The Mets got the better end of this deal.

Santana needs more years, but as long as he doesn't fall off dramatically in performance, I think he's a lock for the Hall.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Mets got the better end of the deal.
    But as to who wins- well that would be the Tigers and Indians, because it removes the Twins from real contention I think. I would not be surprised if this year we see two teams from the AL central in the playoffs. With Santana gone, that would mean Detroit and Cleveland.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It is probably like a lot of trades.

Right now, the Mets got the best end of the deal.

In a few years, the Twins very well may have.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

It could be a win-win. If Santana stays the same and the Mets win a championship, then it will be worth it for the Mets. Meanwhile, if the prospects develop for the Twins, it could work out well for them, too. If you are the Mets right now, this was a good trade and signing. And it was a good thing the the Twins, too - considering they would have lost him to free agency next year.

As for the Hall of Fame, it is way too early to start talking about that. He needs another 5-7 very good years before we can start putting him into the discussion.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think you're right on all counts. I couldn't agree more about his HOF candidacy. Way too early for people to be enshrining him now. Laughably early. Then again, I think that about a lot that the Paris Hilton crowd on ESPN already has in Cooperstown that are still playing the game.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It tells me everything I need to know about the Boo-Yah Back-Back-Back Network that they keep Joe Morgan employed as their top baseball analyst.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well said and worth saying :thumbs: