1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara Palin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ichabod.....

Your acussation of my comment being "the dumbest reason" is like calling me "dumb". I know you didn't mean that, or did you?

I was just saying, that having a female in that office is long over due. There is nothing "dumb" about that, if it is the right female!

And that was the sum of my comment. I do not consider that logic "dumb". However, I think the real "glory of God" has departed from you when you make such judgmental comments and remarks.

I would hope you take time to think about the feelings of others before you go trampling on them!

Sometimes your comments are despicable!

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Insulting. You owe RDude an apology. His opinion is legitimate though you disagree with it.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, BUT....

This is not the first time he has went out of his way to be rude and judgmental, and I don't think he'll apologize....still I appreciate you seeing what I saw buried within his comment! :thumbs:

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

OK Well if that is offensive then I apologize. How about ridiculous, or silly? Why is it over due? Where does it say that that there needs to be a variation of genders in the office of President. I have no problem with a woman but how is it overdue?

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq8F8PeDBOU

:laugh:

#25 Robert Snow, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
  6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I really don't care if she does. Though I think she is far more articulate and reasonable than the mainstream media gives her credit for, I wouldn't consider supporting her.

Though freeatlast has made some odd points here, the one good point is that her failures to effectively lead a low maintainence state like Alaska is certainly a disqualifier. Outside of that she has no significant executive experience in leading a major organization or state.

Not only are there far better candidates in the field, Mrs Palin isn't the kind of leader I would support.

As a side note: I could care less how a person's family life has happened. To say because her daughter made a mistake in a relationship (but carried it through) isn't grounds for making or unmaking someone a political candidate. Also, we don't live in the Palin house so we shouldn't make too many points about how well or poorly her husband leads. Just saying

I can't answer that. What role would she be best suited at fulfilling? Maybe a low cabinet position but I can't imagine her taking something like that. She's making too much money with Fox and is too much of an influencer as a party elder in DC.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PREACH:

Thank you for an "excellent" reply. You are about the only one who has actually answered the OP unlike some of the other so-called posters.

It is not a matter of whether I agree or disagree with you - you actually gave some solid points backing up your answer - which was the purpose of the OP

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd Have to Give You and.....

....."A" for you effort (to find that bit of film) and your ability to add humor to what I said. Very funny!!!

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1.No

2. I don't care.

She's not experienced enough to be President. She quit the governorship of Alaska, a very revealing view into her personality. At the time she said she could be a more effective advocate for energy issues as a private citizen but all I've seen her do is capitalize on her celebrity status--the book deal, the lucrative speeches, the TV show, etc.

Also, she claimed she tired of the interest groups investigating her tenure as governor, supposedly abusing the Freedom of Information Act and innundating her with requests for documents. That would only increase if she were to be President.

If she were to get a cabinet post, I would hope it would be a fluff job and not a weighty position. How do we know she wouldn't quit that job too?

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really C4K? There would probably be a media frenzy and left-wing propaganda attack launched against her.

Remember what the media response was when McCain chose her for VP?

HankD

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apology Accepted....

....And thanks for changing how you word things. Sometimes you rub others the wrong way brother. You'd think that someone who claims to be so close to God that he can speak directly for Him, that you'd be more tactful when addressing those whom you disagree with!

Me thinks maybe your self proclaimed direct connection with the man above may have a loose wire or two.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Perhaps youy see God as "the man above" but I see Him as Lord. Once a person comes to Christ they know they can speak for Him. That is what the word is for.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My, My, My....

.....You are a touchy one! I'll bet you are the life of every party you attend?

Oh, and for your information, He is the man above; Jehovah Jireh; our Lord and Savior; Father; Papa, Father (as used in the Message Bible Version of verses Mark 14:35, Romans 8:15, and Galations 4:4).

And then we have:
    Adonai-Jehovah -- The Lord our Sovereign
    El-Elyon -- The Lord Most High
    El-Olam -- The Everlasting God
    El-Shaddai -- The God Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People
    Jehovah-Elohim -- The Eternal Creator
    Jehovah-Jireh -- The Lord our Provider
    Jehovah-Nissi -- The Lord our Banner
    Jehovah-Ropheka -- The Lord our Healer
    Jehovah-Shalom -- The Lord our Peace
    Jehovah-Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Righteousness
    Jehovah-Mekaddishkem -- The Lord our Sanctifier
    Jehovah-Sabaoth -- The Lord of Hosts
    Jehovah-Shammah -- The Lord is Present
    Jehovah-Rohi -- The Lord our Shepherd
    Jehovah-Hoseenu -- The Lord our Maker
    Jehovah-Eloheenu -- The Lord our God

Get a grip...it sounds like you're spending way too much time under your direct communication helmet with God; and that you are beginning to lose touch with reality, and the ability to let ones hair down (it's called a sense of humor).

If there has ever been a time in your 61 years of life on this earth that you failed to refer to Him as the Lord, or God, than I apologize for offending you. However, I doubt that you have not, at least once in your life, referred to Him in a more relaxed manner.

Man, oh man! You are like I was 20 years ago, wound too tight. :wavey:

14. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I don't think she should get into the race. This race, IMO, has already devolved into a circus, and the dignity of the presidency should not be dragged through the mud once more.

2) Palin is utterly unqualified to serve in any office of national importance. She is most influential as a political partisan, not as a member of the government. She lacks the requisite experience.

15. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know I'd be interested in hearing a reasonable case for Mrs Palin as a qualified candidate for the presidency. I'm not being snarky about this either, I honestly would love to hear someone who thinks she is qualified and what she would bring to the table.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I was saved 20 years ago. I just know how not to disrespect the Lord.

17. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Yes, what next for a society that has been thoroughly feminized? We got what was an accurate reflection of our country in 2008, why not again in 2012?

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and what does that have to do with the OP

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Excuse ME!

Let me try to understand.....you know "how" not to disrespect God.....BUT you trample all over the people of God by preaching how in-tune you are with Him, and how wrong the rest of us are????

That is so hypocritical. You need to treat your brothers and sisters better than yourself, and in my case, I have yet to see you practicing this in your comments and criticism about others and what they may believe.

You need to learn to compromise; play nice with others; and respect the right to agree to disagree and NOT always have the last dig or word.

When you can demonstrate this mannerism on this forum, then you will be walking the talk. :thumbs:

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am sure that the Pharisees during the time the Lord felt like you. They too were offended by the word of God as it does cut with a two edge sword. As to compromise that is what you are doing, but sadly most the claimed church is with you so you at least have a great company along the way. When you see God compromise you will see me in hot pursuit the same, but as of date He has not and I will not.
    As to seeking to have the last word or dig I have no intentions of such. I simply respond to what is said and in your case to mostly to your digs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.