1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sarah Palin is George W. Bush and worse, NY Times investigative

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Sep 14, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes

"Many lawmakers contend that Ms. Palin is overly reliant on a small inner circle that leaves her isolated. Democrats and Republicans alike describe her as often missing in action. Since taking office in 2007, Ms. Palin has spent 312 nights at her Wasilla home, some 600 miles to the north of the governor’s mansion in Juneau, records show.

During the last legislative session, some lawmakers became so frustrated with her absences that they took to wearing “Where’s Sarah?” pins.

Many politicians say they typically learn of her initiatives — and vetoes — from news releases.

Mayors across the state, from the larger cities to tiny municipalities along the southeastern fiords, are even more frustrated. Often, their letters go unanswered and their pleas ignored, records and interviews show. "

"Dan Fagan, a prominent conservative radio host and longtime friend of Ms. Palin, urged his listeners to vote for her in 2006. But when he took her to task for raising taxes on oil companies, he said, he found himself branded a “hater.”

It is part of a pattern, Mr. Fagan said, in which Ms. Palin characterizes critics as “bad people who are anti-Alaska.”

As Ms. Palin’s star ascends, the McCain campaign, as often happens in national races, is controlling the words of those who know her well. Her mother-in-law, Faye Palin, has been asked not to speak to reporters, and aides sit in on interviews with old friends.

At a recent lunch gathering, an official with the Wasilla Chamber of Commerce asked its members to refer all calls from reporters to the governor’s office. Dianne Woodruff, a city councilwoman, shook her head.

“I was thinking, I don’t remember giving up my First Amendment rights,” Ms. Woodruff said. “Just because you’re not going gaga over Sarah doesn’t mean you can’t speak your mind.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/u...&bl&ei=5087&en=0a08e0fcae834dd5&ex=1221537600

First impression of this woman was likable , sweet and maternal but she turns out to be one vindictive, end justifies the means woman. I personally am worried about her end days feelings being raised in charismatic circles, she seems not to be well read. So her world view I fear is filled with Hal Lindsey thought patterns.

My Opinion on this political board

her church has a YouTube video about end days and Alaska as a refuge for the United States blown away by thermo nuclear war, well thats just great thanks Alaska, God is going to spare you while we are blown away , who would have thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_CkZWTvKBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtF7Ypr1hY

NO WONDER SHE IS CALLING (USING RICK WARREN)asking for Bible Verses and advice, she is politically distancing herself from the charismatics. I wonder what was wrong with calling her real pastor and asking for advice and verses, but nevermind we don't want to go there.

#1 YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It surely does appear that she had a mean as a rattlesnak.........oops, polar bear streak in her.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sarah Palin = Neocon.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

In all fairness, you have to admit, she did get rid of the good ole boy network....

I wonder how many Alaskan are looking forward to moving to Washington?

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

KenH,

How many hours passed before you broke your word?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Did you really expect anything but a biased hatchet job by the New York Slimes?