1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Satan and 1/3 od angels falling from heaven ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 14, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you didnt answer my question on how angels being spiritual can come down and have relation with woman to bear children--if that really happened Peter and Jude talked about its apart of the discussion :)

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

could you please explain your statement--things that were,things that are and things to come--i only see it as for us its all things that are past--but for them when it was written it was things that were and things to come--nothing was in the past tense for them when it was written--please explain how you get things were past tense for them ?

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

if the dragon was so called Satan--wow he has 7 heads and 10 horns--that an ugly creature :) or could it be symbolic of something else ?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It tells us in Ez.28 that Lucifer was in the Garden of Eden. We also find him in the Garden of Eden speaking with Eve. Thus he fell in the first week of Creation, for all things were created within a six day period. God was not obligated to tell Adam and Eve anything about Satan. He told them to obey him. They were not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That was as much information as they needed.
    Pure speculation. Why would God have to warn Adam and Eve against Satan? The warning was not to eat of the tree. That was all that they needed.
    We don't need what didn't happen. God gave Eve a promise in Genesis 3:15 which did happen thousands of years later. That also is referred to in Revelation 12. Again, no warning to Adam and Eve were necessary.
    Jesus said: I would have you simple concerning evil and wise concerning good.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Ez-28 is dealing with an earthly King(a man) just as other texts in old testament was dealing with kings(men) such as the king of babylon(Neby).

you cant force some fallen angel into texts when its talking about a king(man) in context :)

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Take three different texts: Ez.28; Isa.14; Isa.7:14.
    Each one of them were addressed to a specific person in their respective historical context. For example Isaiah lived 700 B.C. However, that doesn't rule out (in 7:14) that the "sign" would be Mary giving birth to Christ. In some way it was also relevant to the king at that time. Most prophecies have a near fulfillment and far-reaching fulfillment. Isaiah 7:14 is a good example of that.

This was directed to Tyrus:
    Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus
    Ezekiel 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:
    4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:
    5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:
    6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

Consider:
    Tyrus was not wiser than Daniel.
    Secrets could be hid from Tyrus.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
    13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Consider also:
    Tyrus was not full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
    Most important of all, he was not in Eden, the garden of God.
    Every precious stone was not his covering.
    Musical instruments were not his workmanship.
    He was not the anointed cherub
    He was not on the holy mountain of God.
    He was not perfect in his ways from the day he was created. In fact Tyrus was not created, he was "procreated," or begotten--born. It is not a creation, per se. Creation ceased after the sixth day.
    Soon after his creation sin was found in him. Tyrus was born with sin/sin nature.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
    17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
    18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
    19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Again consider:
    Tyrus was not cast out of the mountain of God, and never called a "covering cherub."
    This one was lifted up in pride because of his beauty and brightness or glory, and therefore cast out; cast to the ground--not Tyrus.
    Note he was cast to the ashes upon the earth--an allusion to the curse that was put on the serpent.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Theres 1 main part of that text you left out :)
    verse 2--Son of man,say,unto the prince of Tyrus,Thus saith the Lord God,Because thine heart is lifted up,and thou hast said,I am a God,I sit in the seat of God,in the midst of the seas,YET THOU ART A MAN,and not god,though thou set thine heart as the heart of God.

Clearly that verse states that the king of tyrus is a MAN-- all the things about him and what was to happen was symbolic language.

read about the king of babylon(Neby) same sort of text dealing with a different king--he was even called Lucifer--he was a MAN also with alot of symbolic language spoken to him'

Its very clear that these are MEN here--scripture says so :)

#67 HisWitness, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is what it says:

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him,

Ezekiel is commanded to take up a lamentation against the king of Tyrus. Tyrus was indeed a man. But the lamentation was a description of Lucifer. I explained to you in a previous post how prophesies work: near fulfilling and far-reaching. Read my last post again. The prophecy describes Lucifer and not Tyrus. It says things that could never fit an earthly king, and could only fit an angelic being that fell. We must take Scripture for what it says, not for what we want it to stay.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

again Lucifer was the king of babylon(Neby) another MAN-- those were judgements being handed out on kings and people

Your reading something into all that thats not there--he was telling of the city's beauty and the king of the city's beauty and speaking of the judgements to come against them

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Thou art the anointed cherub.
    Thou hast been in the garden of Eden.

These are specific statements that when combined together can only refer to one person and one person only that is in the Bible. The only angel that was anointed in some way (made special), was both in heaven and in the garden of Eden, was Satan or Lucifer. He is the only person that fits this description. He rebelled against God and drew one third of the angels with him.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Friend i disagree with you on this one :)

the context of the scripture ONLY deals with MAN--if it meant an angel dont you think he would said an angel instead of a MAN--your still reading something into the scripture to try and hold on the tradition of a sinning fallen angel and its clearly not there :)

Some of the statements was describing the location of the city of tyrus--and the glory that it had and the king had that God had given them.

And then the judgements that were comming upon them.

Thats the context and meaning of the text--Beside an Angel sinning had NOTHING to do with the king and the city--so my last staement on this is dealing with Kings(Men) and their Cities:)

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Also on another note Paul told the Roman Saints that God wouldBruise Satan under their feet SHORTLY--Romans 16-20.

So if we disagree who Satan might be well have to admit according to scripture he has been taken care of already.

You cant deny that Satan was to be Bruised under the feet of the Roman Saints--that had to take place in their lifetime for it to be under their feet.

So around about AD 70 when the city and temple were destroyed and all things were fullfilled is when that was fulfilled.

We can say whoever Satan was he is NO MORE !!!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"Thou art the anointed cherub (angel)" He is describing a fallen angel. He even describes how the angel fell, and how he was in the garden of Eden. The language is very plain.
    All you have in your defense is that Ezekiel is speaking to Tyrus. If that were to be the characteristic of prophecies, then prophetic literature would be useless. Many times prophecies are directed toward men but speak of others. That is the nature of prophecy.
    Tyrus was a wicked king not an angel.
    He lived in earthly place, not in heaven, nor in the Garden of Eden.
    The statements must be relevant to both. It is a double prophecy: partially fulfilled in Tyrus (it must be relevant), but mostly fulfilled in Lucifer to whom it is about. The Bible says what it says, and as I have posted most of what is written there cannot be applied to any earthly king.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I suspect that someone has deluded you into thinking that you are now living in heaven???

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Deluded?

Nope just got enlightened on what the scripture really teaches friend :)

I use to hold on to them traditions like you,but its hard to hold any longer to them when God opens your eyes :)

Your gonna tell me next that Paul really lied to the Romans and Satan was not really to be bruised under their feet i suppose ?

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is always better to quote the entire verse to see what is being referred to, and not just a phrase. I looked up the verse for you. Then I looked up what a Greek scholar (A.T. Robertson) had to say on this expression. Here it is:
    It is obvious that "shortly" has not yet come to pass. Satan is the god of this world. It is Satan who now rules this world. Who won at the WTC? Was that a victory for God or Satan? There are many battles. Ultimately God will win the war. But He does allow Satan to win some of the battles.
    Remember that there is no time with God. God made time for mankind.
    Look at Rev.10:20. Satan will ultimately cast into the Lake of fire, where also will be the beast and the false prophet. He is not there yet, but will be. He still remains the god of this world. That is why you are so confused.
    Christ was to crush the head of Satan; Satan was to bruise the feet of Christ. It was a picture of the cross. That is what happened. Satan was ultimately defeated at the cross. True believers have victory over Satan. See 1John 5:4.
    No, that is when judgement came upon Israel for their unbelief in Christ as their Messiah. After that Israel was scattered as a nation and never became a nation again until 1948.
    Why then does he have you in his trap?

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

So you are just taking someone's else word on the matter because its what you think the scripture is saying ? :)

Matthew 16-28:Verily i say unto you(Disciples)There be some standing here,which shall not taste of death,till they see the son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 26-64: Jesus saith unto him(Caiaphas)THOU hast said:nevertheless I say unto YOU,Hereafter shall YE see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power,and COMING IN THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN.

over and over again--when YE(Disciples) shall see these things,when YE(Disciples) shall hear of these things,They shall kill YOU(Disciples)

Those things were spoke to the Disciples of his day--Those things were to happen unto that generation--Jesus said so!!!

But i know you will find a way to Murder the scriptures and twist them around to hold to your tradition :)

#77 HisWitness, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Your claim to special enlightenment by God sounds like a few others who have been on this Forum of late!

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Amy.G

This guy is just yanking people around. It is best to ignore him. If you recall we have had 2 or 3 on the Board the last few months who have pulled the same stunt. They took the "name it and claim it" view rather than the adversarial view.

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Friend every good and perfect gift comes from God--if you are never enlightened by God you will NEVER know anything about him--what you yourself Know already is because you have been elightened by God :)

Im not the only one who has been enlightened on this subject and im not saying 100% of what im saying is complety right--There is NO man on this earth that is 100% correct in all his teachings :)

But we can move closer to him who has enlightened us and will keep doing so!!!

Just because i may not see what you are saying and you may not see what im saying--lets try and come to an understanding together instead of bashing one another and so forth :)