1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan and sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by menageriekeeper, Mar 14, 2008.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is what I have been saying all along but you have been unwilling to admit until just now. Satan is just one person at one place. But he has enough demons to carry out his wishes.
    That makes him "ubiquitous." (it seems as if he is everywhere when he isn't.)

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I guess we just talk past each other a lot DHK; I did state earlier on that he had demons and spirits that did his bidding.

BBob,

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't read the whole thread. Got here and had to respond:

Brother Bob is right. You're either the slave of Christ or the slave of the Devil.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. 2 Tim. 2:24-26

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not true. You can't go around blaming the devil for all your sins.
    Paul says that either you serve the law of God with your mind, or you serve the law of sin with your flesh.
    The battle is in the mind. It is with the flesh. Don't go blaming the devil for your sins. You sin because you choose to.

James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

And lust, when it has conceived brings forth sin.
    Don't blame Satan for your sin.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see satan being omnipresent from that verse. You can deceive the whole world without being everywhere. The media is quite big...and will be a big part of the anti-christ's campaign, IMO.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I didn't say he was Omnipresence, but maybe multipresence. anyway with all his demons, he is able to be everywhere.

BBob,

#86 Brother Bob, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is culpable. The Serpent had a role in the Fall and was judged for it. He is not "out of the picture," as you say. The Scripture I quoted is straightforward. Outside of Christ, we're in the snare of the Devil, and we're taken captive at his will.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The Law inwardly is from God, even before the Law, your conscious is from God.
    The Law of your flesh is from the devil, he soweths the seed and he tempts you. Someone came in and sowed tares among the wheat. The devil has a job to do and that is to decieve the whole world. It is like when you are saved, then something will tell you, that you made a mistake, that is the devil and his demons and spirits. Try the spirits to see if they are of God.
    Whoever you lend your members to, you are the slave thereof. If you follow the evil spirit and sin, you are lending your members to satan.

Jhn 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Rom 8:7Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 6:19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

So, if you yield your members to sin, then ye are of the devil. That is scripture.

(He that committeth sin is of the devil)

Will there be any sin in the Millenium, as most on here believe is yet to come, or will it be a time of peace and holiness??

2Cr 12:7¶And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

BBob,

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This much is true.
    You are very confused in the above statements.
    The law of your flesh is not from Satan; it is you and from you. It originates from your desires, your fallen nature, your own depravity. Why do you want to blame on Satan the things that you do naturally, like lying.
    "Let God be true but every man a liar."

If Satan tempts someone is it sin? No. It is sin if you give into the temptation, and that is your choice. Jesus was tempted by Satan also, but he never gave into the temptation. He was tempted in all points such as we are, and never sinned. We sin because we want to; not because we are forced to. We choose to sin. Why are people so anxious to blame their sin on Satan. That is what Eve did. She blamed her sin on the Serpent. But God didn't buy it. She held Eve accountable for her own sin and Eve received her just reward. Because Eve was deceived and Adam rebelled, death and its consequences was passed upon all men. For now all have sinned.
    But Satan forces no one to sin.
    There is nothing about Satan in this verse.
    It holds you and you alone accountable for sin. You choose whom you will serve. Like Joshua of old: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve:" The choices are plain: the servant of God or the servant of sin. Not Satan, but sin. There is a difference. Satan doesn't force you to sin. You choose to sin. Lust brings forth sin, and sin when it is finished brings forth death. There is a natural progression there, and it does not involve Satan.
    If the works of the devil were destroyed what do you have to worry about. Then you know that your sin is of your own doing. You choose to sin.
    Right, the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God. What is it subject to? The devil? NO! It is subject to the flesh, the law of sin, the things that the flesh desires--the opposite of what the Spirit desires. It has nothing to do with Satan, though Satan may be glad when you choose to give into the flesh rather that the things of God.
    --Same thing here. Notice that Satan isn't even mentioned. It is a war between yielding the members of your body to God (servants of righteousness) and the flesh--the things that you want to do--servants of uncleanness. Satan doesn't make you do a thing. Don't blame him.
    No it isn't. It isn't. It isn't even in the Scripture. You choose to sin. Why do you try and evade taking responsibility for your own sin. Like Eve you want to blame someone else (Satan). How typical of our society today.
    There will be peace because Jesus will rule with a rod of iron. Tell me: Why will he have to rule with a rod of iron, if there will be no one who will commit sin?

This is Scripture taken out of context.
    You were not taken up to the third heaven.
    You were not given a thorn in the flesh as Paul was.
    You were not given revelations as Paul was.

This was Paul's personal testimony.
    The only application that we can have here is: That when trials and tribulations come--God's grace is sufficient for us. That is all. You do not have a thorn in the flesh given to you by Satan. You are not the Apostle Paul. Don't use Scripture out of context.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

BBob; Yes, God Grace is suffecient for us in our temptations, which are of the devil. Let no man say when he is tempted, that he is tempted of God.

I do not want a free ride, neither do I want to give satan one.

Question;

Why is satan going to be cast into the Lake of Fire, if all men sinned completely on their own and satan played no part in it???

Rev 12:9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

If satan deceiveth the whole world. What is the deception???

Your belief, sounds as if man is worse than satan himself.

2 Corth

He has angels, ministers, evil spirits, demons, false apostles, deceitful workers,
    What is their purpose, if it is not to deceive men into sin??

13: For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
    14: And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    15: Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works

BBob,

#90 Brother Bob, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, you took so much Scripture out of context that it is not worth trying to respond to it all.
    I will put one question to you. First I will describe to you from Scripture what I believe to be a Biblical future scenario. It is speaking of the Millennial Kingdom.

Revelation 20:1-2 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    --Note that Satan will be bound for a thousand years.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    --This verse speaking of the Coming of Christ, also speaks of how Christ will rule--with a rod of iron.
    It is a Millennial Kingdom, a reign of a thousand years.
    He rules for a thousand years.
    It will be a rule of peace and safety.
    But we know from that very expression, "rod of iron", that there will be sin. Otherwise why the rod of iron.

When I grew up my father kept a "rod" around the house. Why? It was used on me for correction or discipline when I did wrong. Christ will use a rod of iron. Justice will be meted out. The very expression "rod of iron" implies that wrongs will be committed.

However, inspite of that expression, look at what else the Scripture says:

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    --After the thousand years Satan is let loose. He was captive for a thousand years. Now for a short period of time he is freed.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    --Now how is this possible Bob? This is what I want you to explain to me. Over a thousand year period without Satan and his demons; a thousand years of reign by Christ; a thousand years of peace and perfect rule; a thousand years of the Prince of Peace ruling from the Throne of David, How is it possible that Satan could gather together an army of "millions?"--"the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

Satan is not necessarily attached to evil. After a thousand years without Satan millions decide to follow Satan in one final attack against God.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

It was of their own free will that they decided to follow Satan. But fire from God came out and devoured them putting an end to the one final revolt by Satan and whoever wanted to follow him.
    This was to show that the human heart is depraved enough to sin without the presence of Satan and his demons. Even in the perfect environment with Christ ruling there will be sin and rebellion against Christ. The presence of Satan was not needed.
    How could there be so many willing followers of Satan without Satan even present, Bob??

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Again, I don't think you realize what you are saying, that millions of satan's followers will live and reign with Christ.

DHK; think what you are saying, that its not only God's children that is going to live and reign for a thousand years, but the wicked also, will live and reign a thousand years.

Christ is using that chastisement rod now, that is why we don't commit those sins unto death.

Well, if you will read real close, you will see that it is the souls of the saints that lived and reigned a thousand years, and then the devil was loosed for a little season. I think he is loose now.

You can't answer is the trouble you find with my posts. It goes against your theology.

Every thing you say, goes against what Jesus Himself taught, the hour is coming when all that are in the grave shall come forth, to those who have done good, the resurrection of life, and to those who have done evil, the resurrection of damnation. You don't take that into account at all, as if Jesus never said anything about the end times.

Was Eve drawn away of her own lust?

BBob,

#92 Brother Bob, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Every Scripture I quoted to you was in the future tense. So what are you talking about. You are not answering my post.
    And this proves what point Bob?--that you were a good boy perhaps? The point is, and I believe you recognize it, that the rod of iron is a symbol of correction. Correction will be needed during the thousand year reign of Christ. Sin obviously will be committed if a rod of iron will be needed. That is a given.
    And what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
    We are not speaking of today. We are speaking of a future event yet to take place. Christ is not ruling today on the throne of David, is he? There is not worldwide peace--peace on earth and good will toward men--world wide. Is that here, now? No.
    In the event described in the verses I quoted to you God does not pour out his wrath upon his children. Since when is Satan God's child? Do you believe that Satan is God's child? Where is that in God's Word? Do you believe that Satan's followers are God's children? Where do you get that from Scripture. The 6th vial was over in chapter 16. You need to study more carefully. You have your events mixed up.
    Who are you surrounded by? The event described in Rev.20 happens during the MK. Do you see peace and prosperity under the rule of Jesus Christ right now? Is Satan bounded right now? You are confused.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Satan will be bound for a thousand years. The Scriptures teach that. I quoted you the passage. However realize this much. When the Great Tribulation is over there will still be millions of people on this earth that will have survived it. They all will enter into the Millennial Kingdom. Some, if not many, will not turn to Christ. Many of them will be young and able to reproduce, and will live long lives. Their children will be able to live very long lives. They will not all turn to Christ. Even though the world will be ruled with Christ, not everyone will turn to Christ. Thus is the nature of the depravity of man's heart. He does not need Satan to sin. He does not need Satan to keep him from receiving Christ. And at the end of a thousand years, there will be a willing army of thousands if not millions that will rise up against Christ in one final uprising, which God will put down with fire from heaven, and devour them.
    True. Offspring of the unsaved that made it through the Great Tribulation.
    Nonsense! Even you may be committing a sin unto death without realizing it. Have you had a heart operation? Perhaps it was because of a sin unto death, and would have been just a few years ago. The only thing that saved you from death this time was modern technology. It wouldn't have saved anyone in Paul's day. You don't know what a sin unto death is. Only God knows that. Don't pretend that you do. That is the height of arrogance. For Annanias and Sapphira their sin unto death was telling a lie.
    Of course he is loose now.
    You do err not knowing the Scriptures.
    The Scriptures state that he will be bound for a thousand years. And then for a short time he will be loosed or set free again.
    I have answered all of your posts, except a few lengthy ones. You continue to take Scripture after Scripture out of context.
    Of course I take the resurrection into account.
    The resurrection of the just will take place at the rapture. We are not appointed unto wrath, and will not go through the Great Tribulation.
    The resurrection of the unjust will take place after the MK, and all unsaved will stand before the Great White Throne Judgement described in Rev.20:11-15.
    Eve was tempted by Satan and gave into that temptation. But not every temptation comes from Satan and his demons. Only some of them do. Listen to Scripture.

James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

You won't find Satan in the above passage. We are tempted of our own lust. Don't blame Satan for your sin. You choose to sin. It is not Satan's fault if you sin. You choose it.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree we are responsibility for our own sins, because we follow after the ways of satan. Scripture is plain, he that sins is of the devil.

BBob,

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

DHK; Every Scripture I quoted to you was in the future tense. So what are you talking about. You are not answering my post.

BBob; Because I know what the scriptue "actually" says.
    [/quote]
    BBob; I wasn't beaten with a rod, but close to it. [/quote]

DHK: And this proves what point Bob?--that you were a good boy perhaps? The point is, and I believe you recognize it, that the rod of iron is a symbol of correction. Correction will be needed during the thousand year reign of Christ. Sin obviously will be committed if a rod of iron will be needed. That is a given.

BBob; Either you believe you receive the chastisement rod now, or if you don’t you are a bastard and not a son. IMO
    DHK; And what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
    We are not speaking of today. We are speaking of a future event yet to take place. Christ is not ruling today on the throne of David, is he? There is not worldwide peace--peace on earth and good will toward men--world wide. Is that here, now? No.

BBob; According to you and others. You didn’t get your tale straight until around 200 years ago, when John Darby, and D L Moody, started this thousand year literally reign. It was spoken of in the early church years, but as a time of luscious living, that the flesh would enjoy all the lusts.
    DHK: In the event described in the verses I quoted to you God does not pour out his wrath upon his children. Since when is Satan God's child? Do you believe that Satan is God's child? Where is that in God's Word? Do you believe that Satan's followers are God's children? Where do you get that from Scripture. The 6th vial was over in chapter 16. You need to study more carefully. You have your events mixed up.

BBob; Have no idea what you are speaking of here, but sometimes you do go off on a wild escapade.
    DHK; Who are you surrounded by? The event described in Rev.20 happens during the MK. Do you see peace and prosperity under the rule of Jesus Christ right now? Is Satan bounded right now? You are confused.

BBob; The Lord said "in me you have peace".

The evils of satan are all around to draw our children down the broad road. Satan is going to and fro seeking whom he may devour.

BBob,

#96 Brother Bob, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008