1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan and the Passion of the Christ

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ScottEmerson, Feb 25, 2004.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Or, it could have been that as His mother, she loved and cared for Him as any mother would. What do you think? Here's what I think: If you want to find something wrong with the movie, you will.

2. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

SPOILER:

In the end Christ wins!

3. mioque

mioque New Member

"I wonder, anyone of you who already attend watched that movie, was Jesus naked shown during resurrection? "
    Yes he was.
    Not that I watched it yet, but it got mentioned in several secular reviews I read.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

It was alluded to his being naked.

You see part of his thigh as He's climbing out of the grave shroud so it's assumed that he's naked.

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't think that you could have those scenes without Satan. I thought it was wholly appropriate.

I wasn't really clear on that, either. I was also a little confused about the children following Judas.

6. Forever settled in heaven

this is being discussed on another thread concerning the preview i watched.

did u see the movie?

in the preview, there was no "climbing out of the grave shroud." it was pretty tastefully done, the 1st part, of the graveclothes collapsing on themselves. then the naked parts of an adult male walk out in front of the camera towards the mouth of the grotto, as if by accident. then, just as it dawns on the viewer--hey, that's a view of Christ i've never seen before--it cuts to black, n the movie ends. the flash of flesh takes all of 1-2 seconds.

now i'm hearing abt climbing out of graveshrouds, naked thighs, n then cutting to nail-pierced hands.

hmm, m i confused? :rolleyes:

7. vaspers

vaspers New Member

By going to the "P" movie, Christians are letting the whole world and Hellywood know that we don't know our Bibles very well...

...and we can be duped by any marketing ploy that a crazed filmmaker wants to foist on us.

That we seek to be ENTERTAINED by sloppy depictions of serious spiritual events, stun us, make us cry and weep into our popcorn, getting it all soggy, we will cry as we slurp our sodas.

8. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I saw the Passion of Christ today. One thing it is not is ENTERTAINMENT. I think anyone who saw the movie will agree.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Yes. I saw it this afternoon.

I don't want to get too into it, out of respect for those who haven't seen it already (although we're all so familiar with the story I don't know what I'd be giving away).

He does not literally "climb out of the graveclothes". That was just a figure of speech.

From the shot of the graveclothes collapsing panning to Jesus sitting on the ledge, that's the idea being put forth: that He is emerging from the graveclothes.

Let's not blow that out of proportion. You just saw a shot of his thigh as he walks past. Nothing more than you would see on a man wearing shorts.

10. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Kiffin, thanks for saying that, I'm glad you didn't see the "P" film as entertainment.

I am praying that someone will make an accurate film about the Resurrection and Ascension.

See, one thing that bugs me is every documentary or "film treatment based on a real story" adds a bunch of junk that never happened--Blackhawk Down for example.

Some schmuck in a hollywood office decides that he can "improve" on the truth, "enhance" the actual facts, "expand" upon the reality, and it is usually sappy romantic or gratuitous violence that they add, to put more bottoms in the seats of theaters.

There is this Hellywood attitude about most true stories, that somehow they just aren't "true enough" or they just need "help" to be more interesting.

Sadly, the same thing has happened with the glorious story of the Savior Jesus Christ.

:(

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Not full naked! Just half side part!

12. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

I believe you, and I believe many Christians who already saw that movie.

I think the website from a Christian try to urge Christians not go to watch that movie. He said, Jesus being naked at the resurrection.

But later, I find out, not true. I think he lying to us.

I will ask my friend at the church tomorrow, to find out what he saw the movie and what he said.

So far, this morning, I received email from my friend(christian) who saw it last night, he said, it was great. He says, he will plan go to watch movie again with many deaf people.

Oh well....

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

13. Askjo

Askjo New Member

What about you to go to this movie? This movie will expand your imagine how Jesus suffered and died for you. You will see it then you will imagine and think of Jesus Christ.

14. vaspers

vaspers New Member

This film will, by hypnotic technique of single focus in darkened theater, make you think lots of things happened and were said--that were NOT done or said.

If you know your Bible well, you'll spot the lies, distortions, additions, deletions, that Mel & Company put into this sloppy re-telling of a tiny part of the gospel story.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

or we could sit here and read the words some 12 day old member says and then has to recant when caught in exaggerations, untrue statements and vile 'demon possessed' accusations against men of God!

16. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Or, it could have been that as His mother, she loved and cared for Him as any mother would. What do you think? Here's what I think: If you want to find something wrong with the movie, you will. </font>[/QUOTE]Have you ever considered the possiblitity that something is really wrong with it? Go figure!

17. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

What about you to go to this movie? This movie will expand your imagine how Jesus suffered and died for you. You will see it then you will imagine and think of Jesus Christ. </font>[/QUOTE]One of the major problems, clearly illustrated by the posts on this thread, is that feelings replace thinking and emotions take the place of doctrinal content. It appeals to the emotions, not the intellect. Yet, this has been Satan’s exact means of deceiving sincere, although deluded, people through the ages. Look at Roman Catholicism and you will find the appeal to the emotions and superstition over the measured doctrinal emphasis upon Scriptural truth by the Reformers. This is what the Reformation was all about. Can’t you see and discern?

18. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Not entertainment? What is it then? People flock to the goriest horror movies and it is still entertainment! I call it amusement—without thinking. And that’s exactly what I hear in the raves about it. No one, and I mean no one, is raving about the truth of the doctrinal content—it’s all emotion and feeling. Again, amusement (without thought).

19. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

This movie has catholic imagery start to finish, and scenes based on the visions of two catholic mystics. I am surprised how many Baptists are glassy eyed over this movie. It is innacurate not only historically, but scripturally as well. The part I liked best was when Pilate kept switching from what was termed by the promo site as first century aramaic, to latin while speaking to the Jews.

20. vaspers

vaspers New Member

diane:...a guy claims to be a "pastor" but doesn't act or talk like one. That's a "man of God"? I meet with the deacons today. We'll see if they think I've made "wild" or "vile" accusations against a "man of God".

Was David Koresh or Jim Jones a "man of God"?

Was Luther wildly accusing "men of God"?

And yes, I have withdrawn a statement or two, like about the actor who plays Jesus, when on second thot I wasn't honestly sure if my accusation was 100% accurate.

Have any pro-Passion people admitted to making any rash statements? Maybe none of them have. I dunno. Maybe I really am the only strongheaded person on this Baptist Board.

paedogogus--good one, "no one is raving about the DOCTRINAL CONTENT of this film". We have to grab our shovels to scoop up all the doctrinal garbage this film is dumping into people's minds in a single focal point of brightness in a darkened theatre.