1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan and the Passion of the Christ

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ScottEmerson, Feb 25, 2004.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Was I talking to you?

No, you didn't and no I don't.

Please explain where the "nuns" are found in the movie and how it "connecting the crucifixion with the Eucharist".

I’ve never heard a Bible-believing Baptist propagate this myth.[/qb][/quote]

And I've never heard a Bible believing baptist elevate this to an essential of the faith. It's a trivial issue and that you would get yourself so wound up over it shows that you have way too much free time on your hands.

You really should read people's posts before you respond to them. Had you read mine, you would know the answer because I've discussed this in several threads.

Well then, I guess it's a good thing nobody asked your opinion, huh?

I've answered that already. You're starting to repeat yourself.

Yes and, as has been pointed out by others here, Catholics aren't the only denom who believe this.

No.

Probably not.

Actually that was me and I've hardly been silent. I've posted on nearly every "Passion" thread here.

:cool: [/QB][/QUOTE]

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Well, since you were responding to my post and quoting me, it certainly appears that you were.

I may be in error, but I was fairly certain that I specifically challenged you previously on this "you haven't seen the movie" whiner. On the other hand, it may have been another poster. So, I'll concede this point with my apologies until I can find the post and quote it.

Please explain where the "nuns" are found in the movie and how it "connecting the crucifixion with the Eucharist".[/qb] </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, simple. I glad that you asked this because the readers of this thread, even those who haven’t seen the movie, can verify the nuns by looking at the popup header ad that often appears on this board. See the two women in the black & white hoods? Can’t you recognize the symbolism? This is all part of the RC virgin cult.

And, the flashback cut during the crucifixion to the last supper is overt symbolism connecting the crucifixion with the Eucharist where Christ (Who said “It is finished” when He died.) is offered anew each time the Eucharist is celebrated. Hebrews 10:12 reads: “But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.” The Eucharist is heretical RC doctrine because they believe and teach that the wafer and wine actually becomes the body and blood of Christ each time that it is offered. HERESY!

No one said it was an essential of the faith, yet the Bible clearly teaches that believers are to content for truth. Scripture does not separate between essentials and non-essentials. If it is a lie, then I expose it and oppose it. For example, even though baptism by immersion may not be essential for salvation, I must contend for it. You are wrong here by begging the question.

(BTW, my statement hardly seems wound up and as for having too much time on my hands………….well………….you speak from a lack of knowledge, otherwise known as ignorance.)

Ha….ha…ha….ha….ha [​IMG] Perhaps I just wanted to get a simple admission from your own lips…..uh……..fingers. Boy, this was a profound excuse……uh……answer. TIC ;)

No, you didn’t ask my opinion, but you were quoting them, although unnamed, as an expert authority. So, I kindly and candidly informed you that your authorities carried no weight of argument. They may be authoritative for you, but not me or necessarily any one else. So, your unnamed Bible teacher has no clout here. Does it bother you when I challenge your authorities? The moral is not to quote other’s opinions that carry no weight with your readers.

Yeah, and you wasting bandwidth. A simple admission or denial would have been sufficient. You’re starting to blather.

Oh, yes! This is true. After all, the RC has no patent on falsehoods. The Russian Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox and a host of other minor false religions spawned from RC may believe this legend. But, no Bible-believing Baptist that I have ever met does. Do you? Do you admit this is a falsehood? It really is immaterial that the RC’s are not the only ones to accept this lie as true. It is a fabrication nonetheless.

(NOTE: Roman Catholicism is not just another denomination. They are an entirely different religion. I know of no Protestant denomination or Baptist association [SBC, ABC, ABA, BBF, etc.] that believes this myth.)

Whereas it may not be heresy in the strictest theological definition, it is a lie and no lie is worthy of inclusion with the truth. It is heterodoxy in that it is extra-Biblical legend teaching an un-Scriptural, Roman Catholic view of miracles. In the final analysis, yes, it is heretical doctrine.

Then, why is it included in a supposedly accurate portrayal of the crucifixion? This film has been highly and widely touted as being faithful and accurate to the Biblical account. If obvious error, and this is just one example, is included, then the movie is not as accurate and faithful to the Biblical narrative as its supporters would have us to believe.

I know. That was the irony of the whole thing but you seemed to have missed that.

:cool:

[ March 03, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: paidagogos ]