1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan & UFO's

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Sep 29, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Very interesting.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think that a day consisting of a billion years already took it.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Matt, I am Truly Sorry, I Thought....

....It was you who were being pretentious, sarcastic, disparaging, snide, derogatory and spiritually overbearing. I know that I tend to exhibit some symptoms of being slightly dyslexic, but I didn't know dyslexia applied to the reversing of one persons view with another persons view!

And to top off your angry diatribe, you made the ugly choice to insult and defame my ability and skills as an author. Now you tell me: Who and what is "little" here - your disposition, character and intellect , or my books? :wavey:

Shalom, and shame on you! :tear:

Pastor Paul :type:

Just, a Post Script to Matt: When the UFO like object appeared over the school playground, I was merely 11 years old. I was nine years away from finding Jesus as my Savior, and knew nothing about the devil and his ability to muster the ability to build and the skills to fly a UFO. Had I known about the devil and his deceptive ways, I could have preached a fantastic message of salvation to those roughly 400 hundred other children and teaching staff, and held a massive alter call. It may have even gotten me started on the path to being a rival of Billy Graham. If I'd have only known, then, what I know today!

#43 righteousdude2, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, sometimes I think we forget there are real people out there fighting for the other team. We laugh and ridicule, while there are accounts in the scriptures, such as Jannes and Jambres in 2 Tim 3:8. These are believed to be the magicians who opposed Moses before Pharaoh and were able to perform several of Moses' miracles. I do not believe they were magicians in modern sense, but were able to perform real supernatural miracles.

So, before we scoff and ridicule, we should remember our enemy is quite powerful, and could be behind these UFO manifestations.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Once again, sorry you thought that this was a story telling forum. It's not. It's a forum to debate. You posted something, I posted counter points. You whined about my counter points. That's not how it works around here. If you want to tell stories, go round up the grandkids, or maybe just head into your pulpit.

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I couldn't read that article. I have an irrational fear of space aliens or depictions thereof. When I clicked the link and saw the fake weird creature staring at me I involuntary shuddered in fear and scrolled down to get it off my screen. I then decided to close the window and not read the rest of the article because I didn't want to see any more of them. And, yes, I'm serious.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

It's not an irrational fear, it's the natural reaction of a born again Christian and very wise. This is not kid's stuff, it is very real. I too do not look at those images.

There is much more to this than meets the eyes. If a person studies the Babylon Working you will be amazed at the names you will see and the historical events involved.

And by the way, the sighting I described happened in front of the Holiday Inn at Jax. Bch.. I grew up at the beach and went to Fletcher.

This is not something Christians should dabble in. If a person brings up the subject I will tell my experiences, but otherwise I do not talk about it, and have found it best not to think about it either.

So, your reaction is not irrational, it is wise. A true Christian with the indwelling Holy Spirit naturally senses these beings are evil. I knew these objects were evil immediately.

8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't read that article. I have an irrational fear of space aliens or depictions thereof. When I clicked the link and saw the fake weird creature staring at me I involuntary shuddered in fear and scrolled down to get it off my screen. I then decided to close the window and not read the rest of the article because I didn't want to see any more of them. And, yes, I'm serious.

Back in the mid 1970's when the movie, "The Exorcist" came on TV my wife and I sat down to watch it as there had been much fan-fare regarding the movie. As soon as the movie started we both experienced a terrible and very frightening experience that involved our son, who was four at the time and was already to bed.

Talk about fear. Goodness. The TV went off and we have yet to watch the movie. To this day, if a documentary comes on regarding demons and the like based on actual events, we don't watch it.

Hell is going to be a terrifying place and the fear will never end for it's inhabitants.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh yeah. I am always amazed how people who believe the Bible do not believe in the spiritual. We have many accounts, especially in the gospels, of people being demon possessed. These devils knew exactly who Jesus was when they saw him, and had literal conversations with him.

I had a very godly pastor once tell me an encounter with the supernatural that was very disturbing.

It is natural to be curious, but Christians should not dabble in this area. You think you want to see the supernatural, you better be careful, you just might get what you wished for.

10. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

The link given by winman is nothing more than a subtle and deceptive attempt from whomoever made the page to introduce readers to an alleged entity "Lam" and provoke fear and also worship of said being. I'm not blaming nor am I suggesting this to be winmans objective.

Note the "stare into its eyes" nonsense and the last section "Lore" how the statements therein are nothing less than worshipful statements of this alleged being.

Nonsense and darkness, and I'd suggest staying away from this dabbling in darkness.

Believe me, none want to have a real spiritual encounter with the dark side.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Your fear may seem irrational to the world, but God calls it discernment and it's given to you by the Holy Spirit. Don't ignore it.
    The closer you get to God, the more sensitive you will become. He gives you discernment for a reason. It's to protect you.

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

It wasn't Satan in the UFO. It was Elvis.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

That author writes on many subjects, google his name.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For once, I agree with MP. Jimmy Hoffa was in there too.

I'm astounded at the absolute nonsense and superstition I'm reading in this thread.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

So, you think the U.S. Air Force spent 18 years investigating superstition? You really believe that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this the same Air Force taking orders from an avowed Marxist?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you believe Satan is just superstition? Do you believe all the accounts in the bible of Satan's activities? Do you believe Jesus drove demons out of people? Do you believe what the bible says???? Satan is a master deceiver and apparently he's done a good job on you.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

1952-1970? Let's see, that would be Truman, Eisenhour, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon. Couple of real liberals there, but I don't see any Marxists.

The point is, our military is not a bunch of fools who would spend 18 years investigating nonsense. Though the official statement said UFOs do not exist, many who worked in the program said as much as 22% of sightings could not be explained away as balloons, aircraft, swampgas... Many other countries like England, France, Russia, Brazil, and others have conducted like investigations. I find it hard to believe that the military would chase superstition unless it believed there was real reason to investigate these many thousands of sightings, many by their own trained pilots.

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, what does the Bible show about Satan?

Job 1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Fire falling from heaven? Who would believe that?

2 Thes 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Satan has power and can perform lying wonders.

I guess Christians who believe the scriptures are superstitious in your opinion.

20. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wasn't Satan in the UFO. It was Elvis.

I'm almost to believe that someone (reflecting a stick man jumping around) has had their magnetic poles grounded out or else, said poles shifted somehow. The positive end has now become their negative end.