1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satanic Dreams or just nightmares? Please read a.s.a.p and let me know your thoughts

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe New Member

Hi sister christian

Just curious, but is your name from a song by Night Ranger? I love that song Sister Christian. One of the band member's is from our area.

I must strongly disagree with you. The Lord uses mental health practictioners, including psychiatrists, to cure people. I agree with you that some are misdiagnosed, but wanted to ensure not to eliminate this as a possibility because you decided this was a case of demonic possession.

In my experience, the homosexuals I have known have all needed medication. Last summer I witnessed to a lady who felt she was gay. I sent her to a Doctor friend who prescribed her antidepresents,. It really helped her get her emotions under control. Shortly afterward, she accepted Christ. I believe the Medication made a huge impact, she agrees.
    In this case, after Tailorlando witnessed to his brother, he laughed at his witness as if it were a joke. His emotional reactions in reading the post sound suspect, so it's possible he needs medication. Also, we do not know for sure this is a demonic possession so it's not good to use this as a reason to rule out medication. It certainly helped me for a few months while I was struggling. In fact, it lessened the struggle significantly and I was able to ween off of them a few months later.
    This is contrary to God's word. The Great Commission is for everyone, it doesn't omit struggling men. We are commanded to witness to others, disciple others and share our faith.

Mark 16: 15
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

It seems the Lord has blessed Tailorlando for his witness efforts, as one of his posts states
    "On a side note, my Wife told me she now wants to start going to Church with me again!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!! "

Again, we can't diagnose this a demonic possession. Even if it is true, there is no reason for him to abandon his brother in hopes of finding someone with experience dealing with demonic oppression who is willing to witness to him. They are brothers, he understands him better than a stranger would. Also, it's not like you can find Christians experienced in demonic possession on every street corner. The Lord God equips us with his word and will enable us to handle the situation just fine if we trust him. My two cents

All of us fall short of the Glory of God. We are ALL dealing with some major sin issue in our life whether we admit it or not. As Christians, we all need to be saving souls, including our own family members. Not wait until we are perfect "enough"

#21 Joe, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2008
  2. standingfirminChrist

Medication is not going to cure sin, Joe. Sin can only be dealt with in the spiritual, not drugs or psychiatry. Homosexuality is a sin, not a disease. Drugs will only sedate a person leaving the sin undealt with.

Also, a more qualified person would be a better witness. Jesus Himself said "A prophet is without honor in his own country." The fact that Tali's brother shrugged it off and took his witnessing like it was a joke is proof that someone else should be handling the situation.

Sister Christian has given godly advice to Tali.

#22 standingfirminChrist, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  3. Joe

Joe New Member

I never stated drugs cure sin. I never stated she didn't give "godly advice", please stop trying to pit us against one another.
    She seems like a nice person.
    And if drugs only sedate a person, why did you admit to taking medication recently?
    If we have too many misunderstandings, then it will be easier for me to place you back on ignore. You were on ignore for
    a few months and life was good. Don't feel like playing games

Tali's brother may have shrugged it off, but it appears his witnessing has blessed his wife. She has started attending church with him

The fact is, from his posts, he did a wonderful job witnessing to his brother.

#23 Joe, Apr 30, 2008
  4. standingfirminChrist

Last month I said I purchased a non alcoholic and non narcotic cough medicine. That is far from a sedative, Joe. You are comparing apple to oranges.

May as well put me back on your ignore list, Joe. If anyone is playing games, it appears to be you.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

No, you spoke of a medication the Doctor perscribed a while back. It wasn't cough medicine.

Great. Please place me on ignore also, thank you.

6. standingfirminChrist

I said the doctor prescribed two different meds. I never said I purchased them. Don't jump to conclusions.

7. Joe

Joe New Member

I never stated you "purchased" them.

Twist and twist...around and around we go.

8. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

What does asthma medicine, which was prescribed and we could not afford to purchase, have to do with sedating oneself? The only medication we could afford was a non-alcoholic cough syrup. What do meds have to with this thread anyway?

Medication for homosexuality???????????? Homosexuality is sin and no medication will cure homosexuality. Only God can deliver the homosexual from the bondage of that sin.

The meds that the doctor prescribed for SFIC have nothing to do with sin...The last time I looked, asthma is not a sin.

#28 Linda64, Apr 30, 2008
  9. Joe

Joe New Member

Linda, please place me on ignore and I'll do the same for you. It will eliminate all of these misunderstandings. Thank you

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Thanks for being so awesome and responding. I really appreciate all you are doing. Maybe I didnt write it down properly. I am not currently addicted to adult sinful movies, magazines or anything.. God already freed me from that. When I say he continues to deliver me is that even at times when I am walking down the street if I see a woman who is attractive, I just focus on looking from the neck up so I dont get in trouble or like when at work a lady or two come flirting its easy to get caught up in it but God inmediatly corrects me and I fell a tug kind of like a warning, " Hey be careful with that". I hope you understand how I am explaining it. Now with my marriage, on that one its really hard because its hard to go and serve God alone.

Sometimes at Church when they are having a family type of event and I am there alone, it hurts but at the same time its in God's time. He knows when the time will be right, he has never, ever, ever, ever, been bad when it comes to timing. Sometimes he comes when we least expect it. I know God will continue to work in her life. I pray with her every night and even when she doesnt want to I hold her hand and pray by my self. My daughter prays with me though, she is one little prayer warrior :laugh: . My daughter is amazing because although she is only 3 years old before we leave the house she always stops at the front door and says Daddy, PRAYER. She prays in her own way, like the other day she prayed like this: Father God, I pray that Papi makes it to work safe and that when he comes from work we go to the store and he buys me a toy and in the name of Jesus protect dora the explorer.

Sister, I wont lie. Its extremely hard to make it to Church on Sunday's or when my wife is being really negative or when the enemy temps me to use the fact that my wife is not going to Church as an excuse to not do my best but I also know that the one who has paid the price for me on that cross is with me every step along the way. His will is above my will, his will is awesome, intelligent and powerful. He will find a way to touch my wife and I know when that day comes it will be an awesome one.

God is so awesome!!! I just like writting this and just to say thank you for your prayers and not only yours but all of the baptist boards prayers. Sorry that I talk about my personal life alot, its that I like to be transparent and sometimes I will talk about my problems and stuff but who cares we are all brothers and sisters. :1_grouphug:

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't say, nor did he imply, that medication can cure sin, or that medication can cure homosexuality.

He indicated that a friend of his had mental problems that were causing her to consider sin; once she was prescribed a medication that cleared her thinking, she not only turned her back on the sinful thought, she listened and was saved.

God created everything, including the humans who make medications that can sometimes help physical ailments that prevent us from thinking clearly and hearing Him.

12. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

And could not the fact that he is unable to eat contribute? I am not medically qualified, but I would imagine eating disorders could well be at least a contributary factor. The web site http://www.figure-it-out.me.uk/eatingdisorders.htm includes the following in its long list of the possible effects of eating disorders (emphasis mine):
    Fainting spells, seizures, sleep disruption, bad dreams, mental fuzziness

So the nightmares could have a physical cause. I would advise him most strongly to seek medical help on this.

13. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Having read all the replies, I now post my response.

First, we are all totally depraved. Period. People deal with different sins differently in their depravity. But we were all dead in trespasses and sin. And, out of our hearts proceeds all manner of sin, including homosexuality.

Second, Christ died to save sinners. That means me. You. Homosexuals.

Third, we access Christ's provision through faith. And faith comes by hearing the word of God, specifically the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think then that the gospel is first, foremost, and alone. I don't mean to downplay the role of medications or doctors. But we are saved by Christ alone, or not.

Then, as much as is possible, I think we should stand with Paul and determine to know nothing except for Christ and him crucified. This is the power of God unto salvation, to everyone who believes. To know this only among all of those we associate with, homosexuals or otherwise. And to do so in a spirit of meekness, remembering the pit we were saved, and are being saved, from.

And, last, that Christ is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God by Him. Including homosexuals.

14. Darren

Darren New Member

It might be a side effect. It might be his boyfriend "casting spells" on him, or otherwise inviting evil spirits to harm him, though I kinda doubt it. It might be a battle of the natures, his homosexuality and a few other natures he probably has, fighting hard to not be let go. I don't know, and I can't know.

All I can know is this, dreams are dreams. They're not real. If one was a prophesy you'd probably know.

If I was being hit every night by wammies like that, I would probably seek medical and psychological help. It's even possible that these "nightmares" are his body trying to communicate that something is wrong while he is asleep, trying to make him wake up.

I'm sorry, but I think there's a time for faith, and a time for actions to accompany that faith. This would be one of those times. Tell him about God, but get him help. Nightmares are often a symptom of a potentially serious problem.

Here in the army, we know all about nightmares. Some of my buddies have talked about nightmares about expriences down range. Here we have special programs to help them cope. Soldiers are NOT crazy because of being haunted by nightmares (perhaps not having them, for us, is an indication that you are crazy) about the past. However, preaching to them is not the answer.

There could be something very real generating these dreams that needs to be delt with. I'd say try to get him help.

15. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

You're doing well IMHO Tali. Keep looking to God to guide you, try not to be too judgemental and look out for your brother's best interests.