1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saturneptune Surgery

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Tom Butler, Jan 11, 2010.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I hope the recovery is going well.

Blessings

following-Him :praying:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He remains in my prayers as he continues to heal.

3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I am just seeing this on here and on FB - praying!

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I want to thank everyone for the kind thoughts, prayers, and good wishes. This is the first I have been about myself enough to log in. A special thanks to Tom for posting here and his kindness to my family.

I was shocked. I have never been in the hosptial before except for tonsils. About three years ago, I would get short of breath, and was at the emergency room twice, with no results amiss from stress tests. Thanksgiving it happened again, so I went to my doctor, who sent me to a cardiologist. He ordered a nuclear stress test, which showed something wrong. They did a heart cath the next Monday, and surgery Tuesday.

I am very fortunate in that the heart muscule is not damaged and it was caught in time. Praise the Lord for that. I think we really take our health for granted, and all I can do is attribute this to is heredity, as my Mom died of the same thing at 54. I was a light smoker in the past for a short period of time, and eat too much at times, but do stay fairly active.

Enough about me, the very person that started this thread also needs your prayers as Tom is having a circulation problem in his legs taken care of next Tuesday.

There is nothing like prayer, and the grace of the Lord. Thanks again to everyone.

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to see you posting again, SN, and praise the Lord your surgery was successful!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto.............

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for the update and praise from you, saturneptune

originally posted by saturneptune

:praying:

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Mike - I'm so glad that you found out the issue when you did and that you are doing well. I'll be praying for Tom as well.

9. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same here!

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Folks, thanks for your prayers in advance. I'm so thrilled that I have a tingling in my toes. No, wait! That's the circulation problem.

Anyway, I go for the lab work today, and the leg bypass surgery next Tuesday.

I need the prayers. You need the practice.

Seriously, I'm grateful for all of you.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Tom, ya made me snort on that last one!

You guys are pathetically Christian and sweet, all helpin each other and prayin and all that stuff that makes me just so proud to see and think that people still love and care for each other as Christ commanded!

YOU GO BOYS!

Wait, no. I mean STAY BOYS! AGH! Stay for a long time, k?

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for your leg bypass surgery coming up next Tuesday Jan.26th

13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Tom Butler. dear brother,
    Praying for your healing and speedy recovery.
    and praising the Lord for giving you concern and for SN recovery. Praying also that God will complete his healing and restore both of you to good health, in Jesus name, amen

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Good News

Brother Tom had his surgery today on one leg, and it turned out fine. He goes home Thursday to see how things go, and then goes back in six weeks for the other leg if all goes well. Please keep him in your prayers. (and his wife Janice)

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As a side note, this is a brand new experience to me, as I have never been in the hospital. I never realized how much someone goes through every time they on in and get cut on. I will be back on the board in a few weeks and really appreciate all the prayers, but at the moment, I don't have much interest in Bible versions, free will, or politics. Again, thanks for all of your prayers.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I think you're "getting cut on" was a whole lot more than the average person goes through.
    Any surgery makes me grateful for any Bible version. LOL

We'll we watching to see how Tom does.

17. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, Gina and everybody else, I did just fine. My right leg is pink and warm, and the doctor says that's very good. I got home last (Thursday) evening, and I have a small amount of discomfort, but really, very little pain.

I asked the doctor about restrictions, and he said I have none He doesn't want me to drive for the next day or so, but basically says my body will tell me when I'm overdoing it. They encourage walking, but I'm afraid it will all be inside since we have a big snow falling outside.

Thanks to saturneptune for his help keeping all of you up to date. And to all of you who prayed for me. I think I had the world's largest prayer circle interceding for me.

On top of that, my wife Janice is a registered nurse with a lot of experience in critical care and rehab. You think I didn't hit the jackpot when I married her?

Blessings to you all.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tom - I'm so glad you did well. May you heal quickly and without incidence.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ditto..........

20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sounds like you got it made Tom!

Waiting till your body tells you you're overdoing it is not fun. Especially if you're rock climbing and hanging off the side of the middle of a sheer drop. Which I don't do. My body stops me first and tells me I'm overdoing it if I even THINK about it. :tongue3: