1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Saved by Grace, or Religion?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biblical salvation is a lot less Calvinistic than many believe. Just how could faith, instilled by irresistible grace, be in vain. It could not. Therefore logical necessity requires that our faith is not instilled by irresistible grace. "Our faith" rests of the validity of the gospel, rather than on the supernatural mind manipulation of Calvinism.

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Jehovah is the Supernatural Mind manipulator and I'm glad.:wavey:

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi T Alan, so you think Jehovah (Yahweh for non-KJV folks) supernaturally manipulates vain faith? I think our faith rests on the validity of the gospel.
    How could faith, instilled by irresistible grace be in vain?

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Well for starters, I don't think I am what you imply with the KJT reference, although I do read it, also a ESV and ASB. Also I have no issue with YHWH or Yahweh.

I don't think I wrote "vain" in my comment. I'm not sure what "vain faith" is. Matter of fact , I know I don't. Please enlighten me.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of the truine God are part of saving lost sinners, asa the Father sent the Son, He agreed to die as the redeemer Messiah, and the Holy Spirit is sent forth from heaven to bring to saving faith all sinners whom Christ died on behalf of!

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can a sinner though have within them "saving faith" as all of us were undone by the fall, and no good thing abides still in us to freely respond to Jesus to get saved by ourselves?

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, here is a typical Calvinist response to truth. Did anyone say a person had within them "saving faith?" Nope. Worthless faith, yes. Who turns worthless faith into righteousness? God alone.

Calvinist seem only able to spew off the shelf arguments that have no application to our discussion. If our faith was instilled by irresistible grace, then how could it be in vain. Such a simple question, and not one Calvinist has an answer to that question, so they change the subject and address non-germane issues, one after the other.