1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saved? How can we know?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by His Blood Spoke My Name, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You can't show one verse that proves any apostle didn't have absolute certainty concerning salvation

You can only be as sure as the thing you are trusting in.

No one said anything about a feeling. I can feel uncertain, certain or something in between (sometimes both at the same time). It makes no difference how I feel. I don't think highly of myself. Quite the contrary. I know I am a worm. I know my very righteousness is filthy rags. I rest in my utter inability to satisfy God's righteousness.

The experience that made me permanantly certain was the experience I had with Jesus Christ when I quit trusting in my own righteousness (and how ever I felt about it that day) and put all my trust in the finished absolutely certain work of Christ on the cross. I never have moments of near certainty when it concerns justification. It is a done deal, It is finished. Experimental schemimental!

I am certain of Christ's righteousness. That is all I have.

We are saved by faith, not by doubt. The purpose of such confidence is your salvation. If you are not sure, then you are can't trusting in Christ's righteousness alone because His righteousness is certain and sure. What part of Christ's righteousness can be anything less than absolutely perfect?

(Brother) Lacy

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I'll bet you got beat up alot on the way home from school when you were a kid for running your mouth.

I'm sure my wife could vouch for my masculinity. You want to talk to her?

Lacy

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

My Heavenly Father paid for a blood test that proves his "paternity".

Adoption is more legally binding than natural child-birth in most cultures.

Lacy

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It wasn't me who brought up the subject but I see it was me you confronted. Says a lot.

You should of just walked along with me a while through my life and you would know. Where I come from when someone jumps, we jump back. As far as a mouth, I been reading your posts and you got a pretty good mouth yourself. You are the first one who brought up "dotting" my eye. I have never mentioned anything physical to you but this makes twice you have said something to me. Makes me wonder just how humble you are.

I didn't question your masculinity, someone else did. I just wondered why. Also, wonder why you didn't ask him?

If someone called me a he/she, I would wonder why?

#44 Brother Bob, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  5. amity

amity New Member

And we are not saved by confidence, either, but by FAITH:

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Let me put it this way, Lacy, I have full confidence that if I am sent to hell it will be by a just and righteous God. That confidence comes from the Bible.

Based on the first part of your statement above, maybe we really do have the same position on this after all.

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I'm sure it speaks volumes.

I actually would have liked to have walked with you. I'm "nearly certain" it would have been both interesting and fun. But I wouldn't have taken up for you when your yapper got you into trouble. You'd a had to get out of your own messes.

He questioned my gender. With a name like "Bob" you probably don't get that much. My mama named me Lacy. I love my mama and trust her judgment. (And I like my unique-uncommon name . . .Bob.:laugh: ) But Lacy is a little gender neutral. You however knew my gender, I think. But if you say otherwise, I'll believe you because a "real" christian can't lie.

Methinks you were just being a smart alek. I think that's why I like you. Don't try to cover it up. It's one of your endearing traits.

Lacy

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Me thinks it takes one to know one but I don't threaten any physical violence. My assistant pastor name is Lacy and he certainly is not female.

Me no think you do like me Lacy.

8. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

If Justice and righteousness were all we were talking about then we could all be "certain" that no one can be saved. There is none righteous, no not one.

But Christ's blood satisfies God's righteousness and his justice fully and completely. There can be no doubt. If there is then we undervalue Christ's blood. The sin debt has been obliterated with interest. My sins are gone. they are covered by the blood. When God sees the blood he will pass over me!

Lacy

9. amity

amity New Member

Lacy, you are full of doctrine. I agree with you on most of what you have said on this subject. My point is... how do you know that Christ's blood is applied TO YOU?

10. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You certainly got me there.

No you are wrong. I do like you. I just think that sometimes you engage the mouth before the brain.

I do like you. And a REAL Christian can't lie. And you are bound by the rules of the BB to not call into question my (REAL) salvation. So there. I like you, Bob.:thumbs:

LAcy

#50 Lacy Evans, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  11. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Because he promised.

Lacy

12. amity

amity New Member

Can you be more specific? Was this a personal promise?

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Lacy, go read some of your posts in other denominations and see if your mouth does not jump out in front a lot. I know it has with me.

If you like me, maybe we should start from scratch and do better both ways this time?

14. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You promise not to call me a child molester or a girl?

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I promise............:)

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

well..............?

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

(Sorry. My computer died.)

Cool!!!! Then I promise not to give you any more cyber-noogies!

lacy

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

thanks...........:godisgood:

19. Rex77

Rex77 Member

2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;)

20. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It is very personal. God knew me before the world was made. He planned out my redemption and then carried out the plan with extreme prejudice. He then left me a record of the whole deal and somehow saw to it that I got a copy. Incredibly personal.

Eph 1:13 - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Heb 9:15 - And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Ro 4:16 - Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Ro 3:25 - Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Ro 5:9 - Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.