1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saving a website to harddrive

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by swordsman, Sep 1, 2002.

1. swordsman

swordsman New Member

I need some help.
    Situation: There is a website that I go to often. I made it available offline(sychronized).
    Now I can go to this complete website off line and access all the material on it.
    Since it is obviously on my harddrive, is there any way possible that I can burn it to a cd., or save it to a safe place on my HD.( the site owner does not mind this).
    I am currently using Windows XP Pro.
    I hope someone knows how to do this.
    Thanks, Swordsman

2. LindaB

LindaB New Member

you can save a webpage by going to the page,go to file, then, save as, it will save the page,all links and graphics to your hard drive. if it is an entire website like with 100 pages, i have no clue

3. Jesus Page Tools

Jesus Page Tools New Member

Depending on what editor you have, and what editor they used. You can extract a whole page Evan pages under pass code, [​IMG] There are programs out there which are Trojans which send a code and comes back with passes. :D However ! this is only legal if the web owner said OK [​IMG] and if he is O.K. with it simply ask him for the HTML files.
    Lots simpler!
    Lots safer [​IMG]
    In Christ David

4. LindaB

LindaB New Member

even better is not save it at all and just sign on to check it out!

5. swordsman

swordsman New Member

I have finally found the answer to my question:

If you are on dial up and do not like tying up your phone line use this program and put an entire working web site in any folder you wish to view at your leisure. I do not feel the wealth of information we have access to today will here when my son is grown so I am saving several sites on my harddrive now. ( example: "Jesus is Lord" is being banned overseas and on many search engines now)
    Here is the link, its free and easy to use...

http://www.webreaper.net/

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A really, really cool web site for stuff like this is www.waybackmachine.org

Type in a web site, and see how far back they were taking "snapshots" of it. I found a web site that I worked on five years ago.

When you hit the "Take Me Back" button, be patient; it sometimes takes it a while, because they've been trying to archive the entire internet.

On a whim, I punched in www.baptistboard.com; they've got "snapshots" back to Aug 2000 of these message boards. According to the logo at the top of the page, Baptist Board only had 280 members at that time....

[ January 22, 2003, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Don ]

7. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

Don, thanks for the trip down memory lane (I used the link you provided, the waybackmachine. It was quite interesting. [​IMG]