1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saying "Goodbye" for a while

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Jul 11, 2004.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is with a sad heart that I must say "goodbye" to you all for a while.

This morning, our pastor preached a sermon on the fruit of the spirit, and it seemed like God really opened my eyes to the fact that I was lacking in several areas when it comes to fruit. At the end of the sermon, our pastor challenged us to lay aside everything that may be in our way of growing in the grace of God, and developing the fullness of the fruit.

Sadly, I must "lay aside" the internet. I spend far too much time online instead of being in the Word and in prayer, so I am setting it aside for a time.

How long a time? I can't answer that. I'm just gonna have to play it by ear, so to speak, and listen for/to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for all the good and challenging discussions that I've been able to participate in. May God continue to richly bless and use each and every one of you. I look forward to being back at a later date.

God Bless

Adam

2. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Adam,
    God bless you. Know that we will be praying for you. Sometimes I think I waste too much time on the internet; please pray for me, also. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

Bye! I'll be looking forward to the day you come back! Good luck with everything! [​IMG]