1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC Executive Committee proposes ouster of church over homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Baptist Believer, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is one singular homosexual agenda. Whether or not all homosexuals are part of it lock and step is irrelevant but seems to be a distinction without necessity. My sentence was constructed correctly.

No I am not trying to suggest anything of the sort nor do my words support that. I was simply explaining the reason for the focus on homosexuality.

Which you used as an accusation on the motives of others without clear foundation. You are not consistent with this view however. You say you think such criticism is worse than homosexuality and then engage in it yourself.

Then you need to reconsider carefully your words against Dr. Patterson and the conservative leadership in the convention.

This simply avoids the point.

And you have presented nothing remotely close to it but simply accusations about motivations.

The fact that they are all in the same statement does not equalize any of them. And you yourself are consistently involved in what you call strife every time you criticize the conservative leadership Get your mirror out.

More assumptions about motives of which you have not proven but are quick to cast about. I suggest you actually live by your own words regarding criticism and then come back.

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Today's news reports that the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky, a Baptist college, has disinvited the youth group of Broadway, who were coming to eastern Kentucky on a choir tour/mission trip. They are no longer welcome in the college dorms.

Are we about to practice shunning? Broadway is contagious now?

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Would you mind citing the source of the story? I'm not doubting it, I just want to read it.

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The APB story is one-sided, but that's because the University of the Cumberlands declined to comment. I'd sure like to hear the school's rationale for its action.