1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SBC Minister Endorses Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Feb 15, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, for about another three weeks.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're such a naysayer. ;-)

The fall of The Donald has been predicted by many for so long and yet he keeps winning. It's really kind of humorous.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keeps winning? He's won ONE STATE. Lil ole New Hampshire. He's behind Cruz in delegates. Sheesh. He's dropping like a stone in South Carolina. If he blows a 20 point lead there, it's over for him before Super Tuesday.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? The Donald has 17 delegates and Cruz has 11.
    It's hard to pin you down. I think you've said he'll win S.C. So how much the stone may drop is inconsequential to the outcome.
    How so? If he gets just 15% more than the #2 guy do you think that means he'll get out of the race before March 1? Why?

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you're right, I'm wrong. I forgot that Iowa went to a proportional system.

He should win the South Carolina primary. But the way that state goes, you never know. In 2012 55% of the GOP voters waited until election day to make their choice.

No, Trump won't get out of the race until he's been beaten in several states. That won't happen until after Super Tuesday. He might even stay in a while longer because of his Jupiter sized ego.

But, if he blows a 22 point lead in SC and ends up winning by "only" 10% - 15% that is an indication that the nation is tiring of his schtick.

You need to quit thinking of it as "Trump has 33%, and everyone else is in the teens or single digits". The proper way to look at it is:

Trump 33%
    Not Trump 67%

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Where in the bible does it say we should be race batters for Jesus?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah I know Zaac my posting Alex Jones videos excuses your hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't an old hymn say
    "The Trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend...?"
    If that's as soon as it can happen, let's leave this loathsome world of His behind!

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which "Trump" ? :D

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

Truer words have never been spoken here.

Unfortunately the blind as bats flag waving zombies on this board abhor the truth in any form.

Brother Curtis was right about the people here.

And it's only gotten worse since he left.

11. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again??? Here are the recent SC polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...publican_presidential_primary-4151.html#polls

One poll, and only one poll since the first of the year shows him with a 22-point lead. The average lead is 17.5 points. And speaking of 2012, Newt Gingrich won that state with about 40% of the vote but he won every delegate except two. Donald Trump *could* be going on the same trajectory but there's really no evidence of it in the polling.

And I do believe in the polling in any primary state but not in a caucus state. It's going to matter who shows up in Nevada, so that will be more of a test of organization and motivation. I have it narrowed down to Cruz/Rubio/Trump, and keep going back and forth between the three.

Back on the OP, it's a mystery to me, too, guess they think Trump could take out Hillary. Like Palin's, this one is a head-scratcher:

[Edited by Moderator. Inappropriate language in cartoon.]

12. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Some very good points, which is why I find Trump intriguing. However, my concern is that he's a loose cannon and that he recently had different positions on abortion and even immigration. This gives me pause as to whether I can trust him to be commander-in-chief. I do find his nationalist populism appealing, along with putting the breaks on a rabid neocon-driven foreign policy.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another concern I have of Trump is what kind of policies might he put in place that will be for the purposes of benefiting his business endeavors when he gets out of the office if he were elected.

14. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trump is Machiavelli's perfect Prince.