1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC Royal Ambassadors as a Tool for Discipleship

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by bartgar, Jun 12, 2004.

1. bartgar

bartgar New Member

Looking for constructive ideas from experienced RA Directors/Counselors as to how to reach 1st - 6th grade boys for Christ using the RA vehicle.

Prayer, Bible Studies, Scripture memorization, SBC missions education, campouts, woodcrafts, Evangelistic films, etc... are some of the tools used so far in our church in Mesquite, Tejas.

God has blessed us with about 40 - 50 boys each Wednesday night in the school year. We want to reach more boys for the Lord. I'm fielding ideas... Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

This is going to sound basic, but don't go it alone. The more men of the church you can involve, the better. Get the support of the church men, and enlist workers before you ever get started. If men in the church don't care, then you'll have a hard time. Win them over first.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I grew up as an RA and have valued greatly from my experience with that group. One of the core issues leading to a good experience by myself and my friends was the ability to have the Brotherhood (we don't call it that anymore, sadly) hooked up with the RAs and helping to lead and educate us young people.

We would go on camping trips, do weekly activities, have different annual events in our association, etc. Great times. You can never know how much of an impact you can have on a child's life just through your being involved at a level such as RAs. Kudos to you for getting this ball rolling!