1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scary passage in the bible (Uzza being killed by God)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 29, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But the internet cannot replace real people over the internet you cannot even have a normal conversation. It's not fruitful, this is one thing I learned. You can email with a person about a problem for days or weeks and it's not as effective as being able to talk to each other for just a few minutes. It simply isn't very helpful because of its limits.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It certainly isn't the best situation, but it can at least be a start. Check into video conferencing :) I'm going to work on that for my parents who don't get to see their grandkids in person but once or twice a year. Could be an option.

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Great thread! Trotter, you speak clearly. I hope all are listening. xdisciplex, are you in the military in Germany?

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I'm afraid my connection is not fast enough for video conferencing. In my area the DSL is pretty slow. I would like to get faster DSL but it's not possible.

No, I'm a normal citizen, Genesis.

5. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Given the opportunity, would you attend a local Christian Bible study group?

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

If it helps me and if the people there are nice, yes. But all these thoughts are futile anyway. I do not know a bible study in my area and since I don't have a car my range is very limited.
    I have gone to campus for christ for 1 semester and we met with other students once a week and went through a bible of the bible, chapter for chapter. It was interesting but didn't really help me. I also didn't really feel like the others were interested in me. They tolerated me but when I stopped going there nobody cared.

7. genesis12

genesis12 Member

That's sad. The important thing, however, is to find your niche and stay regular. I would spend lots of time in prayer, as well. Nothing fancy, of course. Just "God, here I am. I need you. Amen." Stuff like that. "God, could I please be aware of your presence today? Amen." Short and to the point, several times daily. I have some friends in Germany. Perhaps I could put them in contact with you. You can contact me privately with a location.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Thanks, but Germany may be small but it's not so small. If you have friends which live somewhere in Germany then it doesn't really help me.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There are not that many different interpretations for most of the Bible. For some of the more difficult passages there are people who disagree, but most of it is pretty plain and straightforward. It might be hard to accept some of it but God wrote it for us to understand. God does not give us a book that we can't understand, unless one is not a believer.

If you are saved, you have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach you in the Bible. Most of it is pretty straightforward, except some prophetic texts in the OT and Revelation.

You never answered my question before about whether you have trusted Christ. Saying that Jesus seems far away from you made me wonder about that.

10. standingfirminChrist

Uzzah was killed because God is a just God and had established that man was not to touch the most holy things of the tabernacle (see Numbers 4:15,19,20). God was displeased as was stated earlier that the Ark was not carried by priests using the gold-covered staves in the rings, but was rather put on an ox-cart. When the ox stumbled and the ark shook, Uzzah did that which was forbidden... he put his hand upon that most holy relic of the tabernacle. For this, Uzzah died.