1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School Years

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by horsegal16, Aug 8, 2006.

?
  1. kindergarten or pre-k

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Elementary School

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Junior High

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. High School

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  5. College

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After elementary school, the further along school went, the more I despised it. I might have a positive view of college-- if I had gone. But my hatred of school was so strong I just refused to go till after a couple of years of working around at laborious jobs for small wages. Then I began attending parttime, and it took 9 years to get a degree in statistics which has never done me any good. So I worked hard for many years giving up leisure time for study and have virtually nothing to show for it. It's hard to have a favorable opinion of education this way. But if it were a true "experience," of social activities and friends/contacts for life, that should make a difference. But so many people seem to have never had adjustment problems, were 'ganged up' on and called ugly and weird, and such things, that school becomes a hated part of life; and many of us to whom that happened never get release from those feelings of not belonging, and continuing to have it in our minds that we are 'here' because there have to be failures if there are to be some people considered "successful." And if anyone thinks I sometimes post here with a "chip on my shoulder," I can assure you that's correct.