1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scientologists at war with BBC

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by hillclimber1, May 13, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2536879.ece

The church is distributing 100,000 DVDs to MPs, peers, religious leaders and other influential figures, accusing the BBC of "gross bias" in its reporting, in a bid to protect its reputation against the programme's investigators, who spent six months probing whether Scientology is a legitimate religion.

Scientology, founded in Phoenix, Arizona in 1952 by science fiction writer, L Ron Hubbard, asserts that 75 million years ago a galactic warlord called Xenu rounded up 13.5 trillion beings from an overcrowded corner of the universe, dumping them on Earth before killing them with nuclear bombs. Their tortured souls have now attached to human beings and are at the root of most of the planet's problems.

Why people would attach themselves to this garbage is beyond me. Most certainly a cult.

2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

One of my co-workers once told me that she used to be involved in Scientology. She didn't stay long with them. I asked, 'Isn't Scientology a combination of pop psychology and science fiction?" She replied, "Especially the latter."

3. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

People are looking for something to belong to, but if they are not saved then that truth scares the you know what out of them. Much more convienent to belong to something like Scientology than something that may convict your lifestyle.

4. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Scientology sounds like a bunch of quacks to me...the more I know, the scarier it is.....
    :type:

5. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I received my copy of the DVD this weekend

6. mnw

mnw New Member

I was with Ulsterman when he recieved his DVD... how do I get on the mailing list?

Anyway, I am sure the BBC report was a little biased, but having seen the BBC version and the Scientology version I have to say the Scientology version is terrible.

If you watch one be sure to watch the other.

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Try youtube