1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Brown Wins the People's Seat!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Christians are citizens of this world while they live in it and they are to be the salt and the light for this world. We need to always keep that in mind and act accordingly. Endorsement of one candidate or another doesn't imply absolute endorsement of every position of that candidate. Where choices have to be made they have to be made or someone else will make them instead. The election of Brown was a victory and we should be happy about it. That doesn't stop us from praying for more Godly men to be sent from which we can chose in the future. That doesn't stop us from soundly rebuking any un-Godly legislation Brown or any other leader might propose.

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I don't disagree with any of that. I don't want to speak for Roger, but I think maybe the point he was trying to make was maybe we should be guarded about the zeal we display over politics and some politicians in particular. And maybe also the consistency we display when doing so.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN, AMEN & AMEN

One of the problems we've had in this country is that we conservatives have been too conscientious about seeking the "perfect" candidate, IE: one that espouses all our core beliefs.

The left NEVER had this problem. They were willing to get their agenda by demanding the ranch, but when rebuffed, settling for a couple of acres - thus making the right think they had won! This past Nov. they got the ranch.

We ain't gonna get the ranch back in one fell swoop either, so if we continue looking for that "perfect" candidate, accepting nothing less, it'll be in the millennium before we vote again - if then!

So be thankful to God for a shift in the direction we've been going, even if it ain't the direction we ultimately want to go! All direction changes begin with a degree or two of re-direction!!!!!!!!

The main thing now is to not get overly confident and/or complacent

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CK4 gets bent out of shape if he thinks someone is attributing some event to God good or bad. It is really kind of odd.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I should have made this call a few days ago, but, I was not sure if it was the Lord, or my selfish hopes. BUT, it was such a loud voice within me, that I decided to make the call, then I turned on FOX an hour later and was elated to see he was leading. Then three hours after my call, the AP verified it [PTL].

Making a call like that, in the spirit, could get me stoned, especially by some of the people on this board :laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I'm not looking for the perfect candidate. One that doesn't support murder is good enough. Give me two guys...one that is a complete liberal, yet thinks abortion is murder and the other is a complete conservative, but thinks abortion is OK. I'll vote for the non-murdering liberal.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It wouldn't have been the Lord. The Lord generally doesn't engage people in fortune telling.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Hey, I told my family Saturday this guy was going to be elected as well. Does that make me a prophet/fortune teller? :smilewinkgrin:

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

No, no, let's not get into that kind of stuff.

If I want a "word of knowledge," I'll watch Benny Hinn, and get my gout healed. (Not that I have gout, but you never know...)

The "God told me" kind of statements make me nervous.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Only if you said "God told me". :wavey:

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Aww - that takes all the fun out of it :)

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Not Fortune Telling...

Only ignorance of the Gospel message would result in that kind of mocking. Paul, in his letter to the Church in Ephesus [Ephesians 4:11] remind us that,"His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers." ALSO See: Ephesians 4:10-12 (in Context) Ephesians 4 (Whole Chapter).

I know that I was called to preach in a different way, brother, and that way was to share a message that is "inspired to expound on the Word of God, and at times that is to dream dreams and see visions as spoke of in Joel 2:28, and Acts 2:16-18." That calling and office has been confirmed by brothers of the Gospel over the last 25 years.

It is not up to you to mock, make fun of, or, even judge. I know the gift I've been given, is of God, and though I questioned it for quite a few years, once I came to understand and except it, my ministry took hold, grew roots, and blessed thousands of people over the last 25 years.

I rebuke your humorous attacks on a God given gift to my chosen call and ministry. I advise you to knock it off, lest you be judged as a heretic {one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine}. Believe me, this word applies to those of you who have made light [mocking] of my comments. And, it is fact that you fit the description of the definition in that you are not willing to except what the Word teaches about the numerous offices of ministry He places upon His children. It is sin, and Scripturally impossible to limit the Lord; put God in a box; and deny His messengers. To do so will bring down judgment on you and your house!

This will be all I have to say in regards to this subject. However, as the Word instructs me to do, I shall pray for you, because I recognize that your growth in the Spirit, and the Kingdom of God on earth, has been somewhat retarded by your own small minds and religious skepticism of what God can do when we open our minds, heart and soul to ALL He has equipped the saints with, in order to get the job done here on earth.

Remember this: In Acts 2:17 we are told that "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." And yes, C4K, maybe God did give you a vision last week. So, instead of mocking it, you should try Praising and thanking God for trusting you with such a valuable word of knowledge!

All of you who have made light mocking of my comments about a vision and word of Brown winning this election, should not forget Paul's warning to the Church in Galatia (Galatians 6:7) "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.":wavey:

Shalom

Pastor Paul :type:

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh, good grief.

God told me that we're having crock pot chicken for supper tonight.

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Apparently. The ends justify the means seems to be the new ethic.

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I posting the same response here as I did on a similar thread to another poster:

Not true! Coakley absolutely supported so-called abortion "rights" and, in general, the Democrats do so to a greater degree than Republicans. The proposed health care legislation - at the least the last publicly available version I saw - included some additional support of expansion of abortion services. A vote for Coakley would have made the health care legislation almost certainly a sure thing. That, in turn, when have ignited a frenzy of liberal minded legislation from the Democrats intoxicated by such a victory. What happened instead has, at least for the moment, held back the health care legislation and probably has and will cause the Democrats to rethink where they stand with the people they're really suppose to represent and serve. Therefore, a wise and prudent Christian choice was to cast the vote for Brown recognizing the best outcome possible from the available choices. Nothing at all about doing that implies any support whatsoever for his views on abortion or homosexuality. Those battles must still be fought.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I have been amazed at the response and defense of this new Senator simply because he is a Republican. If he were a Democrat or were in favour of the health care bill he would have been attacked and lambasted here. Apparently political expediency overrides his support of the legalised murder of the unborn.

17. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

18. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Scott Brown speaks, from his site:
    From Joe Kennedy's site; comparison of candidates:

#98 windcatcher, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  19. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

[Aside]As a Brit, can I just say how disconcerting it is to see headlines like "Brown wins election"; it's really not what we're used to...[/as you were]

20. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Followup to post 98

Continuing from post #98 in this thread:

Joe Kennedy is FOR same sex marriage. He's made no issue statements regarding abortions. He is for repeal of DOMA (defense of marrage). He is FOR state regulation of the use of marijuana, and adult use allowed in restricted amounts of possession and use. Yes he does have SOME favorable points but these are not them.

OTOH
    Scott Brown, whom C4K refers to as a 'baby killer'.....
    is for defining marriage between a man and a woman... for DOMA..... against health care reform on a national level ......is for parental notification of minors and against partial birth and late term abortions. Yes.... he has SOME disagreeable points in as much as he would support a recognition of same sex 'civil unions' for legal and tax purposes; he would encourage reduced abortions and promote adoption alternatives as opposed to taking a stand to turn back Roe vs. Wade.

According to VCY America on Jan 20th.... Scott Brown has taken a stand against embryonic stem cell research. His softness on abortion has to do with his perspective on choice regarding incest, rape, and endangerment of the mother.

None of the candidates represent a choice against abortions. Scott Brown did not present the same enthusiasm as BHO regarding supporting, funding and expanding stem cell research or partial birth abortions.

I think, C4K, your position and characterization of Christian conservatives in this thread is extreme and prejudicial and unfairly represents the areas in which we are thankful to God when considering the choices represented by these candidates in this particular election....... and you are not fair in your representation of Scott Brown at this point.
    -----------------------
    The election is over and, hopefully, he will make a difference against this health care bill ..... and hopefully will present a strong force for other conservative values in the Senate. What we do have for now are our hopes: We will have to watch to see what happens....... and we'd better not hold our breath no matter how promising we think a person could be.

Personally, I'm grateful and thank God that He raised up some opposition to this current administration. I also realize it is nearly impossible to stop a hemorrhage with a bandaid.