1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott McClellan whacks Bush, White House

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 27, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply dismissing the opinions years ahead of the run up to resuming the war in Iraq by congress and intelligence around the world as vying for votes doesn't meet any amount of serious thought on the subject.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, as you are a "true" believer in Bush and the Republicians I realize that nothing, regardless of how obvious it is will convince you. I realized that when I wrote the post above. I suggest you read more, do more critical thinking, and try to be more rational to your approach to many topics. Just a friendly suggestion.:godisgood:

Do you have any thoughts on what may lie ahead in Iraq and the Mid-East?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The press secretary speaks on behalf of the president on an almost daily basis. Hardly the low man on the totem pole.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since this has now turned into a personal attack and false assertions I will say God Bless.

5. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

You can say that all you want, carpro, and it's still wrong.
    GWB IS in fact on track to being the worst President ever.

6. Baptist in Richmond

Please show us the "personal attack."

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Aw c'mon Rev so he allegedly implied you were a hard headed republican so what? We're all hard headed here that's why we get along so well, most of the time anyway. Apparently there is a global shortage of hard heads lately so we few who still exist gather here among our own kind for fellowship and to practice being hard headed together.

There's no shame in it. :smilewinkgrin:

#47 poncho, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People believe all sorts of things without facts to back them up.

It doesn't appear that you are special in that regard.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This book just shows another side to why Bush, Cheney and company will be viewed as the absolute bottom of the barrel in the coming years.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/as-scottie-sowe.html

As Scottie Sowed, So Is He Reaping
    May 28, 2008 3:15 PM

Before he wrote his own memoir, White House press secretary Scott McClellan was rather critical of those who did the same.

In fact, some of the same language now being used to trash McClellan he himself used to trash previous administration authors.

On the book critical of the Bush White House written in cooperation with former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, "The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the Education of Paul O'Neill," McClellan said on January 12, 2004:

McCLELLAN: "It appears to be more about trying to justify personal views and opinions than it does about looking at the results that we are achieving on behalf of the American people."

McClellan also took issue with the book by former Bush White House counter-terrorism czar Richard Clarke, "Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror," on March 22, 2004:

McCLELLAN: Well, why, all of a sudden, if he had all these grave concerns, did he not raise these sooner? This is one-and-a-half years after he left the administration. And now, all of a sudden, he's raising these grave concerns that he claims he had. And I think you have to look at some of the facts. One, he is bringing this up in the heat of a presidential campaign. He has written a book and he certainly wants to go out there and promote that book. Certainly let's look at the politics of it. His best buddy is Rand Beers, who is the principal foreign policy advisor to Senator Kerry's campaign. The Kerry campaign went out and immediately put these comments up on their website that Mr. Clarke made. ...

Q: Scott, the whole point of his book is he says that he did raise these concerns and he was not listened to by his superiors.

McCLELLAN: Yes, and that's just flat-out wrong. …When someone uses
    such charged rhetoric that is just not matched by the facts, it's important that we set the record straight. And that's what we're doing. If you look back at his past comments and his past actions, they contradict his current rhetoric. I talked to you all a little bit about that earlier today. Go back and look at exactly what he has said in the past and compare that with what he is saying today.

Ahem.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The Bush supporters are coming out of the woodwork on this one! :laugh:

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Bush a propogandist. Who was his presser? Scott himself.

Always nice to have principles when you're due for a signing at Borders. :laugh:

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little innuendo, the favorite tool of "tell all" writers, goes a long way.

"McClellan also suggests that Libby and Rove secretly colluded to get their stories straight at a time when federal investigators were hot on the Plame case.

“There is only one moment during the leak episode that I am reluctant to discuss,” he writes. “It was in 2005, during a time when attention was focusing on Rove and Libby, and it sticks vividly in my mind. … Following [a meeting in Chief of Staff Andy Card’s office], … Scooter Libby was walking to the entryway as he prepared to depart when Karl turned to get his attention. ‘You have time to visit?’ Karl asked. ‘Yeah,’ replied Libby.

“I have no idea what they discussed, but it seemed suspicious for these two, whom I had never noticed spending any one-on-one time together, to go behind closed doors and visit privately. … At least one of them, Rove, it was publicly known at the time, had at best misled me by not sharing relevant information, and credible rumors were spreading that the other, Libby, had done at least as much. …

“The confidential meeting also occurred at a moment when I was being battered by the press for publicly vouching for the two by claiming they were not involved in leaking Plame’s identity, when recently revealed information was now indicating otherwise. … I don’t know what they discussed, but what would any knowledgeable person reasonably and logically conclude was the topic? Like the whole truth of people’s involvement, we will likely never know with any degree of confidence.”

This:

"At least one of them, Rove, it was publicly known at the time, had at best misled me by not sharing relevant information, and credible rumors were spreading that the other, Libby, had done at least as much. …"

Suggests payback.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Nope. Bush is anchoring the bottom. It's a tough job but somebody had to do it.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

My view is that Carter had some tough challenges and some tough breaks like the raid to free the hostages being stopped by a desert sandstorm. I have no idea why so many people are so down on him. BUT WAIT. He's a Democrat.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I agree with this statement strongly.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest that you are both blinded by hate. :tear:

Partisan politics.

Or both.

18. Baptist in Richmond

That is simply NOT TRUE, hillclimber1.
    The GOP has controlled all three branches of government. For the last eight years, GWB has, for the most part, gotten everything he has wanted. The "left" has not had any power until the election of 2006. To suggest this is either a deliberate attempt to mislead, or a blatant disregard for the facts.

Amazing.......

Regards anyway,
    BiR

19. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

From a friend's take:

ETA: another friend's take on a hypothetical tell-all:

:D

#59 Ivon Denosovich, May 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  20. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Jimmy Carter was the idiot who gave away the Panama Canal and almost destroyed our military. Thank God the Russians didn't do more than they did during Carter's watch. Maybe they didn't because we pulled out of the Olympics. Yeah right.