1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

screaming preachers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by standingfirminChrist, Mar 22, 2006.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Matt Black,

Well, with you being a Catholic *sympathiser* I can understand your scriptural limitations, [​IMG] so...

Try these:

Psalm 95:1

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation!"

(...except preachers!) :confused:

Psalm 98:4

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth. Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises!

(...but not you preachers!) :eek:

Psalm 100:1

"Make a joyfull shout unto the Lord, all you lands"

(...except if you are a preacher!) :(

Thank goodness the statements (in parentheses) are not true! :D

God bless!

Mike [​IMG]

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Except all the ones I've ever come across have not produced 'joyful' shouting, but rather high-decibel rants. In any case, the verses are in the context of corporate singing, not preaching ie: thank goodness the words in parentheses aretrue!

3. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I think there is a place for both in the chuch. What I don't like is when one yells and screams and goes in 1,000 different directions. Last Sunday night we had a preacher who was fired up but he stayed on message and did a great job. I can learn and grow from both.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

In my opinion,preachers who scream are demonstrating they lack any real substance in their message and so they need some outward show. They are trying to make people think they have the Holy Spirit by doing that.

personally it makes me sick and I cant imagine Jesus having acted that way.

they are just putting on a show for everybody. I do think airheaded superficial people would find that attractive though.

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh New Member

when I get excited I tend to get louder, but I have not been accused of being a screamer. I also whisper on occaision, to make a point,(when appropriate ie. illustrations) but I would rather have scriptures that do the emphatic work for me.

However, God has made me the way He has and the other guys the way they are. If the message has been properly exegeted, then the delivery style has to be the style God designed the deliverer to do the delivering.