1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scriptural proofs for KJVOnlyism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Scott J, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'm still waiting for scriptural proof that God only preserved his word in faulty manuscripts.
    What is more astounding and troubling is that you can't even see that your position lacks the "scriptural proof" you demand from KJVOnlyists! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (I mean, you either have to laugh or cry)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]More evasion? It is very unbecoming of someone who supposedly values truth. I hold that the scriptures are authoritative and correct in everything they address. But they do not address every aspect of what we are discussing. They do establish principles such as accepting the truth without preconditions that limit its impact, searching an issue out, holding to that which is true, etc.

I ask for either scriptural or historical proof. I started two different threads in attempt to avoid the type of evasion that you are employing now.

Your point is meaningless. No one on our side of this debate is telling you not to use or trust the KJV. However, any time you present a false and degrading statement on scripture, it is a duty to oppose your error and demand proof for it. Especially when you condemn other versions and by extension those that use them.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There are no perfect manuscripts. This is a fact that can be verified by simple observation. The word of God is preserved in the multitude of the manuscripts, which is perfectly consistent with the doctrine of Scripture in the Bible. KJOnlyism is not.

Yes it has errors. That can be seen by observing what the texts say and comparing it with what the many versions of the KJV says.

This is a dogmatic statement. Where is your Biblical proof for it? As I keep showing, the "scriptural proof" you demand from KJVOnlyists is non-existant for your own position. </font>[/QUOTE]Biblical proof for what? That our authority is the Bible?? 2 Tim 3:16-17 for one; 2 Peter 2:19-21 for another. I could list others as well. The evidence of Scripture is existent for my own position. I have repeatedly shown it.