1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scriptural Rx for the Weary, Tired and Exhausted....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are times in my walk on the narrow path, that I become so tired and weary that I just can't find it in me to move on beyond the place where I stand. So, I pray, and God lovingly reminds me:

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
    or, whine, Israel, saying, "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"?
    Don't you know anything?
    Haven't you been listening?
    God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
    He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
    He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch His breath.
    And he knows everything, inside and out.
    He energizes those who get tired,
    gives fresh strength to dropouts.
    For even young people tire and drop out,
    young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
    But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
    They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
    They run and don't get tired,
    they walk and don't lag behind.

from the Message Bible (MSG)!

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Isaiah 40:27-31 KJB

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Thanks, Dude. I know someone who needs that Rx today.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I've had Psalm 144 stuck in my head for almost a year now. It might sound odd, but I find it uplifting, refreshing, strengthening. It's a powerful reminder of how strong the ONE we serve is, where our strength and power lies, how I know, I KNOW I'm not strong on my own, but through him? Yes.

HE trains us, and that word "trains" always gets me. It's on ongoing thing. It reminds me to be open to it, not to expect sudden strength just because one day I broke down and admitted I needed it. To think of myself in training, always learning, being taught the ways of the Master which are so deep, no human will ever fully know them but those who desire and are willing to learn have a never ending source of lessons and training and direction.

It's an amazing and powerful read when you really think about the words as you go through them.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina gives a wonderfully sweet testimony!

Psalms 144 is a really great psalm. It is not only great for the present, but past and future hope in the Lord.

Being dispensational in my thinking, it is even more wonderfully promising in the ultimate deliverance of the believers when the "skies be rolled back like a scroll."

5. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

For those who are lacking in joy, it must be said that deeper joy is not found in power, position, or possessions, but rather in relationships.
    My favorite time of the day is late in the evening, when the kids are either asleep or doing their own thing and I just get to relax and be with my wife. Conversely, when she and the kids are gone, however busy I stay doesn’t change the fact that I am mostly just feeling lonely.
    Remember, we don’t relate to God through a religion, but rather through a relationship.
    In John's gospel, Jesus shared the simple but profound idea that a life of joy and fruitfulness comes by abiding in Him. But He had another source of joy: giving Himself away for others.
    Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus endured the cross “for the joy set before Him.”