1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scripture and Principal

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Feb 18, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture and Principal

Jer 2:21 Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate branches of a foreign vine unto me?

Today, as I deal with people on and off the Internet I see a great swell that is both disturbing and it is growing at a rate that is very alarming. As a child and an Atheist, I knew the Bible was full of principals that were good for men to abide with but the very idea that there are principals for the conduct of all men has fallen from prominence and is rapidly disappearing so that it is missing in the Church Family today and the condition is growing worse.

Recently, I have had my head snapped off and kicked back to me! All for offering instruction on how to arrive at a conclusion about what has been mysteriously accomplished that left an undesirable condition about this person's computer. To keep this headed where I began let's not go deeper into that but because I am a Christian, these principals, taught in the scriptures, are, always, to be my guide marks for conducting myself. Like-wise, I admit, I expect the same principals to apply to my professing Christian friends.

There were titles, used by me, for people that I was having a problem with that, since my conversion, are not even thought of, today. In fact, if I hear any one of those titles used to label anyone I put that on my prayer list. Maybe not the person, so labeled, but the person professing Christ and using the label. I have, in the past, broken fellowship because of this behavior. I worry about sin in the user's life and the Christian is always to love the sinner but must never abide with the sin.

The problem is growing so big that when I recently published a message about loving the sinner but hating the sin that I was rebuked many times for the very thought and instructed that the message was contrary to the Word of God. Of course these postings were all fired from the hip, there was no scripture offered! This appears to be the trend today, in the Christian World, as we see more and more Lone Ranger Christians. These people find doctrine objectionable and then, almost universally, claim to find the Bible more important than the doctrines taught by it. To tell you that I do not understand is an understatement, I am completely ignorant of this concept.

Finally, on the matter of breaking fellowship. In 1John 2:15,16 and Collusions 3:1-5 we are taught to separate ourselves from sin. We might be thought poorly of if we follow all that is taught in the scriptures but if we fail to follow God's instruction, we will not like eternity!

2. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

Bill...

Just out of curiosity . . . can you share some of those titles?

[​IMG]

Thank you for the interesting post.

...Bob

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry Bob, it would no0t edify thde body of Christ to do so.