1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scripture says a woman should not be president

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, Nov 5, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

First I did not use only one passage of scripture. I refered to the position in the home which we all know to be Ephesians 5:23-33 and in the church 1 Tim 3:2, Titust 1:6, 1 Tim 2:12-15.

The head covering issue si unrelated as is Esther. Apples and Oranges. As far as context goes what we do see in these multiple passages I have listed is that Christ has the same view both in the church and in the home. So now we have a biblical presidence that is set in pattern that reveals the heart of God even on governmental issues. I do not live a seperate secular life and anothe life that is Christian. I do not live a dual hypocritical life.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I think i know what you mean here....but it sounds an awful lot like an accusation.

Just because we differ on the application of Scripture to women in politics doesn't make me (or anyone else on a differing view than yourself) a hypocrite.

I don't think you were saying that...but that's how the post sounded to me....

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

What ia had in mind was those who think that we should live a Christian life on opne hand but live a secular life free from God and religion when it comes to government. I am not sure if that is you in particular or not but Christians have no business divorcing biblical precepts from their decisions regarding governemnt or anything else. I had no one single person in mind.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You have been given several sound Scriptures about leadership of women in government. Your understanding of the US Constitution and Scripture on this matter is flawed to be nice.

This is another case of someone being called a hyopcrite (substitute heresy, lost, etc for other terms) because they do not agree with your erroneous opinion.

This pattern goes back to other threads where you cannot recognize a liberal or a true conservative if he or she stares you in the face.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am glad to hear that you believe a Christan should live the Christian life both in the secular world and in all matters of faith and doctrine, if I read you correct. We should never be divorcing our Christian life from anything. Correct.

Then I would be right to conclude that you do not believe in separation from church and state. Correct?

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I believe the government should not dig into the local church. But the church needs to be involved in government.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You run around this board following me making attacks when I have posted nothing in your direction. You make false accusations that you cannot know about my future vote and lash out on things you disagree with. Maybe you can find something more constructive to obsess about other than me.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

I make a slight but very important distinction:

I think Christians should be involved in government. ​

Priesthood of the Believer guy like I am...I'm nervous about "the Church" involved. Which church? Who's the mouthpiece?

We're probably in agreement (I would guess), but I wanted to make that distinction.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Not a bad idea but I am refering to the universal church as in Christians who are bought by the blood of Christ should be involved in politics and government carrying with them biblical precepts and not checking them at the door in the name of seperation of church and state bowing to the ungodly secularism that so many Christians want to concede to out of fear that the government may become a theocracy. it is an ungodly fear to say the least. And it is not grouinded in scripture.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

The long and short of it is this. God has written his moral law upon the hearts of every individual, saved and unsaved alike no matter what their background is, no matter what nation they may live in. They are aware of God's moral law--Do not kill; do not commit adultery, etc.

Above and beyond that one cannot impose our Judeo-Christian ethic or our Christianity on another person or institution. This is not an Islamic nation with Sharia Law imposed upon us. And there is no need to act like it is. Pagans will act like pagans, and we can expect the unsaved to act like the unsaved. The former president, Clinton, gave us all a good example of that in his own moral life. There are no Christians, as far as I know, running for the presidency. So it really doesn't matter who gets in: male or female. They are all equal in God's sight--unsaved and on their way to Hell. Their first and foremost requirement and/or need is Christ, not submission to a husband or man. That pales in light of the fact that they are unsaved. To impose Christian standards on the unsaved (as if we think we could even attempt such a thing) is absurd. They are unsaved people and have no intent on listening to the smallest minority in the nation--the actual born again Christians. I am not speaking of Jerry Falwell's moral majority and the following that he got out of it. I am not speaking of all conservatives. Those who are true believers usually make up the smallest minority in whatever nation you may be.
    It is fact. And it comes from the words of Christ:

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

A true believer is not of this world; the world hates him. They are in the minority.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Then bearing this view Christians should not vote.As we cannot in good conscience live secular lives that seperate us from our God regarding any aspect of our lives to include government and politics. That is the dual life we are not to fall into. We cannot have it both ways.

#131 2 Timothy2:1-4, Nov 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2007