1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scrivener and the TR

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Can you show me where and why he was wrong?

Uh, Prove it!

[​IMG]

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong about what?

HankD

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I hadn't believed he was wrong, Hank, but with all these Greek scholars floasting around in this place I thought at least one of'em could find where he made a mistake somewhars

4. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

In what area, exactly?

5. ScottEmerson

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

From what I've read by Kutilek, I have found him not very credible, so unless you have some proof of your own, you haven't any

[graphic oversized]

[ February 12, 2004, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

7. ScottEmerson

F. H. A. Scrivener, The New Testament in Greek (Cambridge: University Press, 1949), pp. vii-viii; 648-656.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doug (Kutliek) is a friend of mine and a soldier in the front line to discredit the devisive teaching of the "only" sect. He is considered a godly scholar to many of us.

But somehow I knew he would not be highly regarded by some on the BB! :rolleyes:

9. ScottEmerson

I appreciate Douglas Kutilek's extensive footnotes. All one has to do is look up what he is citing to see that he speaks Truth. Much of what he uses are the primary sources so those who care can check for themselves, and I've never seen any citation he has used that has been taken out of context, misused, or misrepresented, ala Riplinger.

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So? Jesus Christ is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother and He and I are busy telling people how to be saved instead of wasting our time denigrating people's ministries simply because they stand for the KJB.

11. ScottEmerson

986 posts in just over two months? From what we've seen on this board alone, you're busy doing other things than telling people how to be saved. It seems that there has been plenty of denigration going of people here by your hand, or do we need to print out your quotations again.

Back to the topic, of course, all one has to do is read Scrivener's version of Acts 19:20:

"19:20 ουτως κατα κρατος ο λογος του κυριου ηυξανεν και ισχυεν"

Scrivener's uses the word κυριου, which is translated as Lord, not God, as the KJV translators used. The KJV translators used the text: ουτως κατα κρατος ο λογος του θεος ηυξανεν και ισχυεν

There it is, in black and white. A mistake by Scrivener.

12. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Then this ought to upset you pretty good, since kutilek was entered into the discussion and no real info has been brought forth, just comraderies:

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/baptist/HerbEvans/HE_WhatKutilekMissed.htm

13. ScottEmerson

14. ScottEmerson

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

986 posts in just over two months? From what we've seen on this board alone, you're busy doing other things than telling people how to be saved. It seems that there has been plenty of denigration going of people here by your hand, or do we need to print out your quotations again.

Back to the topic, of course, all one has to do is read Scrivener's version of Acts 19:20:

"19:20 ουτως κατα κρατος ο λογος του κυριου ηυξανεν και ισχυεν"

Scrivener's uses the word κυριου, which is translated as Lord, not God, as the KJV translators used. The KJV translators used the text: ουτως κατα κρατος ο λογος του θεος ηυξανεν και ισχυεν

There it is, in black and white. A mistake by Scrivener.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, by your reasoning I can see how you would separate Lord from God. :rolleyes:

My time is tithed, yours?

I've passed out about 1,000 tracts in the past two months, you? I've preached four times in the past two months in two different rescue missions you?

Since when do I answer to you anyway? Never.

BTW, yall love to use that derigatory label and call people like me as promoting a false doctirne and then go around and dig up bones all the time, but i'm glad i bother you so much personally that you have to cast your dirt around to try and discredit your brother in Christ, that is so much more like Jesus I think I'll just start worshipping you instead. Not!

Just to stay on topic, do you have anymore BIG ol'OUTlandish "mistakes" Scrivener made or is that all you can "dig' up?

16. Precepts

Precepts New Member

17. Precepts

Precepts New Member

18. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I just got thru comparing Scrivener's Interlinear Greek New Testament with the KJB and they agree with the word for Lord: kurios

KJB Greek text:eek:utwV kata kratoV o logoV tou kuriou huxanen kai iscuen

Scrivener's Greek text:eek:utwv kata kratov o logov tou kuriou huxanen kai iscuen

Are you just a'joshin' me?

19. ScottEmerson

And then...

Can you not see the contradiction here? You bash Kutilek, trying to discredit him, then complain about someone doing the same to you?

20. ScottEmerson

The KJV text, again, says: ουτως κατα κρατος ο λογος του θεος ηυξανεν και ισχυεν.

We know this because the text is translated by the KJV translators as "So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed" and not "So mightily grew the word of the Lord and prevailed." Kurios is translated as Lord 725 times and isn't translated as God.