1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SDA prophet's "inspired" writings

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by targus, Jun 4, 2013.

1. targus

targus New Member

What I am trying to get from you is what SDA's believe on the subject.

I am trying to get you to explain how SDA's believe that Jesus risked his divinity.

Of course you continue to dodge as the truth of it would reveal that SDA's don't believe in the true Trinity.

You are right, I don't have an inspired source on the topic of Jesus risking his divinity - I only have SDA teachings.:thumbs:

I am not quoting myself - I am quoting the SDA revered Charles S Longacre.

Here it is again - please explain how Jesus risked his divinity.

"All would have been lost and He would have suffered "eternal loss," the loss of all He ever possessed - His divinity and His humanity and heaven itself would have been "lost - eternally lost," - C.O.L. p 196.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you quote "yourself" as the doubtful source of "proof" that a given idea that you don't like must be wrong.

That only works if you are god - and clearly you do not claim that title- though you quote yourself as the proof of your argument often enough for it.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He risked loss at some level - eternal loss. He did not get that eternal loss so speculating on exactly what that would have been (your only goal in this exercise) seems pointless and does not help you in your desire to oppose the Bible teaching of 1Cor 14:1 and 1Thess 5:19-20.

Even when He became a man - He also took upon himself an eternal change for today He still has the human and divine nature in heaven.

4. targus

targus New Member

You have to be kidding! :laugh:

For the third time here is the quote from Charles S Longacre of the SDA...

"All would have been lost and He would have suffered "eternal loss," the loss of all He ever possessed - His divinity and His humanity and heaven itself would have been "lost - eternally lost," - C.O.L. p 196.

Now please explain this.

Hint... Ellen White said that God the Father granted Jesus divinity conditionally.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hint: you are quoting "you" as usual - and then quoting some guy by the name of "Charles S Longacre" whoever THAT IS.

INSTEAD of quoting the person you are trying to bash - which is Ellen White in Christ's Object Lessons pg 196.

Since that is your "ploy" -- then we will have to add some actual "substance" to your rant - because without at least some substance your entire tirade on why you need to ignore the Word of God in 1Cor 14:1 and 1Thess 5:19-20 and Isaiah 30:8-11 is just silly.

Here page 196 in it's entirety so you may see just how far you "I quote me" practice is getting you from something of actual "substance" on this topic.

===========================

But those who have been guilty of neglect are not to despair. The woman whose coin was lost searched until she found it. So in love, faith, and prayer let parents work for their households, until with joy they can come to God saying, “Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me.” Isaiah 8:18. {COL 195}

This is true home missionary work, and it is as helpful to those who do it as to those for whom it is done. By our faithful interest for the home circle we are fitting ourselves to work for the members of the Lord’s family, with whom, if loyal to Christ, we shall live through eternal ages. For our brethren and sisters in Christ we are to show the same interest that as members of one family we have for one another. {COL 196.1}

And God designs that all this shall fit us to labor for still others. As our sympathies shall broaden and our love increase, we shall find everywhere a work to do. God’s great human household embraces the world, and none of its members are to be passed by with neglect. {COL 196.2}

Wherever we may be, there the lost piece of silver awaits our search. Are we seeking for it? Day by day we meet with those who take no interest in religious things; we talk with them, we visit among them; do we show an interest in their spiritual welfare? Do we present Christ to them as the sin-pardoning Saviour? With our own hearts warm with the love of Christ, do we tell them about that love? If we do not, how shall we meet these souls—lost, eternally lost—when with them we stand before the throne of God? {COL 196.3}

The value of a soul, who can estimate? Would you know its worth, go to Gethsemane, and there watch with Christ through those hours of anguish, when He sweat as it were great drops of blood. Look upon the Saviour uplifted on the cross. Hear that despairing cry, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” Mark 15:34. Look upon the wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet. Remember that Christ risked all. For our redemption, heaven itself was imperiled. At the foot of the cross, remembering that for one sinner Christ would have laid down His life, you may estimate the value of a soul. {COL 196.4}
    =====================================

Now as you take the Gospel theme above and try to use it to bash God's Word that says we should listen to His prophets - at least attain to the level of accuracy one might expect of someone in grade school trying to make a case from a page of a document.

it is the very least you can do - and we are all sue that it would not require that you put much effort into it. So please honor your own POV by at least going to some actual fact.

Christ Himself states that He gave His life for the world - if this is the point you wish to mock in order to ignore the Word of God in 1Cor 14:1 - then do as you will - you have the free will to make such sad choices.

in Christ,

Bob

#25 BobRyan, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  6. targus

targus New Member

Charles S Longacre is a former editor of Liberty Magazine which was published by the Seventh Day Adventist Church. He was a person of high standing in your SDA cult. He attended conferences that discussed and set SDA doctrine.

As for your reproduction of the page in question - it is a well know fact that the SDA changes and hides documents to suit their needs.

Why am I to accept that your representation of that page is more accurate than what is available on the internet?

I understand why this is a sensitive issue to you since your cult has only been around for 150 years and has a "non-traditional" belief in the Trinity to put it kindly.

Perhaps we should start a discussion on the unorthodox beliefs of the SDA in regards to the Trinity.