1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seahawks quarterback leads team to Super Bowl & beyond

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 2, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Always refreshing to read stories like this....

Seahawks quarterback leads team to Super Bowl & beyond
    Feb 1, 2006
    By Art Stricklin
    Baptist Press
    DETROIT (BP)--In the two-week buildup to a championship game with hundreds of different plotlines, Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck leaned forward in his chair at the Super Bowl media day as if he intended to divulge one of the secrets for his team’s successes.

“I don’t think many people realize,” the softspoken, seventh-year quarterback from Boston College said as reporters leaned forward for what they expected to be a juicy tip from the Seahawks playbook, “how many Christian guys we have on this team and how united we are.”

“There are a lot of us on this team from all parts of the country, but we are united in Christ, and the unity you see on this team is very encouraging,” Hasselbeck said.

Encouraged by their quarterback and their league MVP running back Shaun Alexander, Christian players on the Seahawks spent a majority of their hour-long session with the media sharing their faith and the need to focus on more than just Sunday’s final score.

“We believe life itself with Jesus Christ is more important than what we do on the field,” Alexander said. “We want to make sure our focus is on more than this game. We have a bigger calling.”

http://www.baptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=22561

2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I'm glad so many of the seahawk players know the Lord.
    Because after my boys knock the Seahawks back into the wilderness on their way to the promised land they are gonna need alot of encouragement.

Hasselback better be focused on picking up the blitz or he will be picking up his teeth after my boy Joey Porter runs over him like a train about to go off the tracks.

I had to boost my boys.

Seriously it is always good to see athletes stand up for the Lord. Nothing wrong with that.

For 60 minutes though I want the steelers to rip their heads off.Take no prisoners. I want them to go through Seattle like Sherman went Georgia.

Do you know what happens when a bird flies into a steel curtain? Its all she wrote.

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Yes, and there are some Christians in the Steelers as well.

I must say that I said a prayer for the Seahawks for grace in the loss and that the Christians on the team would put this perspective.

The reality of the situation is that their is only one winning team in the universe. And if your a born again believer, you're on the winning team