1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasons Greetings

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received a letter from the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) of which I am a member.

Enclosed were mailing labels and "Christmas gift" tags.

The card enclosed said "Seasons Greetings"

Should I send a " $$ gift and/or note" this year?

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always give to the Eastern Paralyzed Vets of America. I guess they changed their name to United Spinal Association. They always send assorted Christmas cards and address labels at Christmas. Some say "Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, or Happy Holidays." Now if they only said "Happy Holidays" I wouldn't like it, but it doesn't seem like they are trying to be politically correct. The items they send are always beautiful and I'm glad to donate to an organization that helps our vets. In fact, one of my professors at college was a paralyzed vet who was given his wheelchair from this organization. That's another reason I donate. I saw how they used their funds.

I'm not sure about this other organization you mentioned. Maybe you could write and ask them their Holiday/Christmas policy. They might even send you information about how they spend the donations. I'm all for helping our vets.