1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SEBTS Ministerial Placement

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by untangled, Sep 29, 2004.

1. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello,

Just wondering if any of you SEBTS grads or current students know about the quality of the ministry opportunities placement office and Southeastern. Do most graduates find a congregation before or closely after graduation? Thanks...

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Call and ask them what their placement rate is. They should have those figures.

3. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I called today. They informed me that they have a pretty good rate. They said graduates have the best rate of course. I figure if I keep my resume active and seek God's will first, He will provide a place for me. The place where He wants me to be.

In Christ,

Brooks

4. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

Brooks, even if you feel called to be a pastor, I would recommend that you be open to serving on a church staff as a youth minister or assistant pastor while you are in seminary. I learned a lot from ministry staff experiences before I became a senior pastor and later a missionary. On the other hand, if you start out as a pastor in a small church, you will get a lot of valuable preaching experience. I think very few guys are good preachers until they have a lot of experience preaching. The ideal situation would be serving on a staff under a good mentor who would give you many opportunities to preach.

5. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Korea,

I would love to pastor a small church, however I am open to being an associate or in Christian Education. It is wherever God opens a door for me. I don't know about youth ministry though.