1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SEC Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BroTom64, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a Tide fan, but I am extremely proud of how the SEC teams have taken care of Business against the other conferences this year.
    For example:

1. Ten of twelve Sec teams bowl eligible with a 7-5 or better record.

2. One other team within one win of being bowl eligible.

3. An out of conference win/loss record of 42-6.

4. Eight of twelve SEC Teams with a 4-0 record against Out of Conference Foes.

5. Two SEC teams with a 3-1 Record against Non-Conference schools with the other two teams going 2-2 against Non-conference schools

6. An out of conference score difference of 1135 points with SEC teams Scoring 1890 points and giving up 755 points to Out of Conference foes.

And here I thought the SEC was having a down Year. Congrats to all our SEC teams for proving once more the SEC is the Best Football Conference in the Nation.
    For all those teams going Bowling this year, Best of Luck and Go SEC.

Bro Tom
    Roll Tide Roll

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And hopefully another SEC team winning the BCS championship. :)

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SEC teams are the best. I usually have a fondness for all SEC teams but at this point I would sooner see USC win before I would ever support Tennessee again until they get rid of their coach. What a jerk

Go Gators!

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree completely... except that I'd add Alabama to the list with Tennessee. :tongue3:

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

*getting his popcorn ready for when Tomvols shows up* :smilewinkgrin:

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell Tommy to bring it on.

Just kidding :laugh:

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You will get no argument from me that Lanie is a jerk. Sorry to disappoint CCRob. Now, throw down on Pearl, and it's on :laugh:

Little Lanie's errors are legion. Not understanding the importance of the Bama rivalry (after all, that's the state beneath us in more ways than one) :) Making up rules to accuse other coaches of breaking. Claiming he was going to add tradition to such a tradition rich school. Admitting he knew little of the schools heritage. I wanted (and still want) Brian Kelly from Cincinnati. I'm just not a Lanie fan. I like Monte an awful lot. O has a lot of energy. I appreciate some other assistants and one is a good friend from many years ago. But, you wear the Orange, and you get my support, so Go Vols. I wish Coach Fulmer nothing but the best. A good Christian man, and I hope he lands another coaching job soon (but it will be awfully hard to see him on another team's sidelines in another team's colors).

All that said, no one has ever accused Urban of being a Sunday School teacher. And his disciplinary approach is stellar. I hear that if you murder someone, you actually have to miss a game. Is it true he bought the discipline manual written by Spurrier and Saban? It's okay...Lanie wrote a chapter in it, too :laugh:

I appreciate BroTom's SEC sentiments. However, since you root for my school's arch enemy, I wish you nothing but destruction at the hands of the Gators this Saturday. A friend is wishing for an earthquake with an epicenter at midfield, but that's another story. :laugh:

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love Bruce Pearl. He's good for college b-ball.

As long as they come in 2nd after Gators!

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Doesn't happen all that much. Bruce has only lost once to the Gators, and that was at FL without our top two scorers :)

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm contractually obligated to despise Bruce Pearl.

Poor timing on this one, Tom, since Carlos Dunlap is missing a game after his DUI arrest.

The earthquake is probably better than my wish, which is a giant sinkhole. Of course, the problem with a giant sinkhole at the Georgia Dome is that nobody would know when the sinkhole ended and when the rest of Atlanta started. As a friend of mine used to say about Atlanta, "Sherman didn't do a good enough job."

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm starting to think we were twins seperated at birth. I couldn't agree more. My favorite part of Atlanta is the part in Knoxville :thumbs:(some people don't get that). I actually like the airport. That means there's a 50-50 chance I'm leaving that armpit of a town.

I hate that you still have animosity towards Bruce Almighty. He really is good for the game.

Britton Colquitt had the same at UT, and even though he comes from a UT family dynasty, he had to give up his scholarship and Fulmer suspended him for 7 games as well as other disciplines, though the charges were lessened. And I still can't be impressed with Urban. (1) Dunlap will not be missed that much. They have too much depth on the front seven and Bama is weakened a bit. (2) This is still the same Urban who pulled a Spurrier a couple of years ago and suspended two starters for two games- the one before Tennessee and the one after. Who says 2 game suspensions have to be consecutive, Spurrier once opined. Urban must agree. Remember, Dunlap was an underage drinker and there's some question as to whether or not he even had a license or was alone. One game? You've got to be kidding me.

Urban has had 24 arrests during his last three years at FL, and that's just what we know. And that doesn't count the ones this year. Have we forgotten the Brandon Spikes incident and Urban's slap on the pinkie? In one calendar year at Tennessee, Fulmer had six arrests. Spurrier had that same number in his first six weeks at South Carolina and in his last month of the regular season at FL. I'm just saying, there's something in that water down in Gainesville.

Of course, Bob Stoops would've just made him run a couple of gassers....on a volleyball court. :thumbs:

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like sour grapes. There is nothing to criticize Myers for so you have to resort to this? Ah well.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hardly. You cannot argue with his on the field success. Yet, take a look at even some Gator-based news sites, let alone news from around the nation, and you see how lowly this program is esteemed vis-a-vis discipline. About the same level as Lane Kiffin's interpersonal skills :tongue3:

That said, I'm rooting for the Gators Sat night. It's the lesser of evils, and the greater evil always wears Crimson to a Vol

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't see things the same way you do, Rev, but I also don't own a pair of Gator-colored glasses. :wavey:

I'll root for the Gators, but only because of Tebow.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being from Ocala I am a Gator fan from early on. Even when they aren't doing so well. Nothing or no one is ever perfect Meyers is an excellent coach and an humble man. I do not care fort he recent offensive coordination. I do hope they get things worked out.

The only reason I ever noticed the Vols coach is because he is in your face. To many more seasons like this one and he will go the way of Buster Brown. And much for the same reasons.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

No question about that, Rev. He may have a 6 year deal, but that can get cut short if he doesn't win. And, whether he wins or not will be the determining factor on how long he stays.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well his scenario is turning out much like little Bowden at Auburn. All mouth while he still had Dye's recruits but when the last of them were gone he went 6 and 5 for three straight years. Little ole Buster Brown didn't have the backside to cover the checks his mouth was writing. Pride cometh before a fall.

18. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Tom, I know you love the Vols. Colquitt deal was the 5th time, what happen on the others? Also when it came out coach Fulmer said it would be a 5 game suspension. You could be correct, he could have added 2 games to it.

I think both programs are a mess. When a player is arrested and found guilty, they should lose their scholarship.

I am a Gator fan but I still believe NCAA football should be played by student athletes who are going to class and passing and not breaking the law.

From 2005 till now, Fl. has 24 arrest and the Vols have 21, I believe Ga. has 30. That is a sad state of affairs to be in. By the way the U has 2 and FSU, I believe has 14. I don't care for those two teams and the bad boys only have two and FSU has 14, better than other one of our schools.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well all I can say is:

Go Gators!

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

I took the liberty of fixing this so that there would be world peace, a strong dollar, a conservative president, Christmas trees full of presents, and other things that just "ought to be."

I had heard that to save money, the Gators considered putting the inmate numbers on the jerseys. That way, whether home, away, or incarcerated, they would have the same number. :eek: :D :D

(seriously, looking forward to a very good game tomorrow)