1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SEC Overrated

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TadQueasy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Say What???? 6/3 W/L ain't bad.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

The SEC look fine to me. Al. looked great last night, they just had to much speed and to good a line on both sides of the ball for ND. I would have liked to have seen an all SEC deal last night. I believe Texas A&M or Ga. would have been good games and I believe both of those teams could have beaten Al. and one had already done it. I know they would have been better games any way.

3. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this just in, Louisville just scored again against Florida.
    Perhaps I should have just stated that Florida was overrated.
    Either way, Florida should not be losing to Louisville.
    LSU should not be losing to Clemson.
    And Georgia should not be struggling with Nebraska.

#23 TadQueasy, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  4. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well the SEC has the last laugh courtesy of the Roll Tide community!
    Remember they used to be the laughing stock of the sports community years ago?
    Well guess who is getting the last laugh now!?

5. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

So 6-3 and a route of the #1 team in the country.

I'm not quite sure how overrated fits here.

I think the big hangers are LSU and UF losing. Anyone who watched CFB this year and thought MSU was better than NW doesn't know anything about college football....and I think NW was a 4 point favorite anyone (although someone could look that up and correct me).

No...the bigger talk here should be how undeserving and overrated Notre Dame is.

6. Bobby Hamilton

Also, I think it's funny how essentially the #2 team in the Big 10 "shouldn't be" keeping up with the #2 team in the SEC. Did you watch UGA at all this year? They weren't exactly known for having a defense.

And Florida...even at 11-1, they didn't look impressive but at spurts (times in the FSU game, etc).

Shocking that Louisville did what they did, but looking back on it...it shouldn't be. LSU losing to clemson is the real head scratcher, but it's not exactly like Clemson was a bad team either.

7. Bobby Hamilton

A&M no question was playing great ball at the end of the season. And as a Vols fan I absolutely loathe Alabama, but looking back at the Alabama vs A&M game...Alabama probably should've won that game. Some of the mistakes they made in that game were out of character for them.

It was a great win for A&M, but I'm not sure A&M was the better team when it was all said and done. A&M needed to have their game against UF later in the season. They got LSU about 2 weeks too early too.

Georgia played out of their minds in the SEC Champ game, but again, their inconsistency on defense was doing to be their doom.

8. Bobby Hamilton

I think there isn't the gap, at least after this season, that there had been in the past. Any number of other matchups in the title game (Oregon, multiple other SEC teams, maybe even FSU or KSU) would've been much closer and better games. Notre Dame may not have even been a top 10 team by the end of the season. It's a head scratcher how they beat some teams as it is.

But I still think the SEC is a pretty clear #1.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The SEC is #1 this year and will continue to be #1. According to both 247 Sports and Rivals, the SEC has six of the top ten recruiting classes in the nation, nine of the top twenty. Strong and only getting stronger.

The National Championship Playoff will quickly become known as the SEC Invitational.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oregon is as overrated as ND. They had just as weak a schedule.

11. Bobby Hamilton

Not as long as Jim Delaney is involved it won't.

Oregon was a solid football team. I won't argue the weak schedule, but they were an all around more talented football team. Kansas State was one of the better teams in the country when you look at them on both sides of the ball. Not flashly, but Oregon dominated them.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If we'd had a 4 team national championship playoff this year, even Delaney couldn't have kept Georgia out of it.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until a team is actually tested it is hard to tell if they are as solid as they may otherwise appear. And with a weak schedule there was no test. They may have bee a cut above the teams they did play, but things could have been dramatically different if they played a much tougher team, had to deal with injuries, had to deal with intimidation factors, etc.

14. Bobby Hamilton

But we didn't have one this year.
    No way he has his hands in some system and allows the Big to be left out, or for the SEC to get more than 2 in (if 2 at all).

15. Bobby Hamilton

Kansas State played multiple ranked teams, and won in decent fashion.

Oregon dominated KSU.

That's enough for me.

Just like ND struggled with sub par and bad teams, and was destroyed by Alabama. It further went along with me saying the entire time ND had no business playing for the MNC even if they were 12-0

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not saying the Big 10 would be left out. The conference champion would have to be considered in determining who the Top 4 teams are. The latest that I read, which may be dated, is that, like the committee for basketball, there will be a committee for football that chooses the Top 4 teams. Considering how strong the SEC is right now, and how good they will continue to be, I don't see how 2 SEC teams don't make the playoff.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

SEC overrated? I hafta agree.....all the way to their sixth consecutive NCAA FB championship.........or was that the 7th??? I think it makes 6??? Anyone? A little help, please?

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Florida Gators Announce 2013 Recruiting Class

The Florida Gators landed one of the top five recruiting classes in 2013 thanks to a number of the nation’s highly regarded defensive recruits choosing Gainseville. Florida was hanging on to the No. 1 spot in many team rankings before Alabama was able to make their final push.

Florida’s 2013 recruiting class featured a total of 28 players, including top defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III and one of the nation’s top running back recruits, Kelvin Taylor, who is the son of former Florida Gators and Jacksonville Jaguars star running back Fred Taylor.

http://fansided.com/2013/02/06/florida-gators-announce-2013-recruiting-class/