1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secret Service Agent Says Cheney Drunk

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by RockRambler, Feb 22, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No excuses necessary.

This barely rates as a story at all. 24/7 coverage for days on end just tells us how desperate liberals and their mouthpiece media outlets are for mudslinging of any kind.

2. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG]
    How the Investigation on Cheney's hunting accident was conducted.
    [​IMG]
    This is how the Bushbots look at it.

3. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

No excuses necessary.

This barely rates as a story at all. 24/7 coverage for days on end just tells us how desperate liberals and their mouthpiece media outlets are for mudslinging of any kind.
    </font>[/QUOTE]And yet you keep commenting. There is plenty of room in the sand for a few more heads.

4. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG]
    I did not have sex with that woman!
    [​IMG]
    I only had one Beer!

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep pluggin' Rocko. [​IMG]

You'll get rid of Bush and Cheney yet...

in about 3 years. [​IMG]

6. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

__________________________________________-
    And replace them with what?
    [​IMG]
    More Bushbots? with the same low standards as these guys.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I have no need to make "excuses" for this person regarding this incident. The matter has been investigated by the responsible authorities and no wrong doing was found. It was a hunting accident. All the rumors and slanderous comments just won't change that. It's too bad some folks just can't accept it.

8. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The investigation was a joke Dragoon. But keep on believin like the rest.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Do you have some first hand inside information to prove your slanderous comments?

10. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

The investigation was a joke. Is this the way an investigation should be conducted by simply taking statements from the witnesses? Would you have conducted an investigation in that way Dragoon?
    Cheney couldn't take a breathalyzer test, 14 hours had passed before the Sheriff could investigate.
    Where is the spent shell casing?
    Total disregard to common sense hunting safety, Why?
    What makes Cathrine Armstong such a good witness, she was at her car and not in the hunting party yet she was capable of hearing Harry not announce his presence?
    From 30 yards Harry Whittington recieved between 6 to 200 pellets to his body and that was from a lightweight 28 gause shotgun.
    This was not a real investigation Dragoon, how can you defend it?
    Dick Cheney created this speculation and doubt by not immediatly announcing it to the press. He is the next in line to be President if something were to ever happen to George Bush and yet so many will hold this person to the same low standards as Bill Clinton.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares? :rolleyes:

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's completely untrue. The Press created this speculation, not Cheney. It was agreed that Harry Whittington's family be permitted to inform the press. They did so, choosing to inform a local news agency. The national press was furious that they didn't get it first, as though they were somehow entitled to it or something.

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

That's completely untrue. The Press created this speculation, not Cheney. It was agreed that Harry Whittington's family be permitted to inform the press. They did so, choosing to inform a local news agency. The national press was furious that they didn't get it first, as though they were somehow entitled to it or something. </font>[/QUOTE]Johnv, You don't think the the Vice President should take personal responsability for reporting this to the Press? What is wrong with telling the truth as soon as you can. Waiting as long as he did only makes it look like he had something to hide.If you had a teenage child wouldn't you want them to tell you the truth in a more prompt manner?

14. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Who cares? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]You should, Carpro.
    Why do you think Dick Cheney should be held to the same low standards as Bill Clinton?

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not if they agreed to let Whittington's family inform the press. And before anyone accuses me of being partisan, I'd be saying the same thing if this were Al Gore.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This is whole story is a distraction from more important issues Imho. Rocko9, we might as well say there was no investigation. The police didn't do any ballistics tests which anyone with a 28 gauge a couple targets and an hours time could do.

The police, make that Sheriff's dept was discourgaed from doing an investigation and so chose to rely on eye witness accounts of those friendly and loyal to the VP. The Sheriff is the highest elected authority in the county he could have easliy over ridden any federal authorities in his juridiction and performed an investigation. It looks as though he instead opted to allow himself and his dept to be subservient to and manipulated by lesser authorities.

This is just another glimpse into how this administration works. Deny delay evade and manipulate the press.

17. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Not if they agreed to let Whittington's family inform the press. And before anyone accuses me of being partisan, I'd be saying the same thing if this were Al Gore. </font>[/QUOTE]That's good enough for me Johnv, I respect your opinion but mine is different.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I appreciate it ;)

19. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

I'm in total agreement with everything you said Poncho.
    [​IMG]

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]You should, Carpro.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Really?

What could the spent shell casing posswibly prove that we don't already know?