1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secular people scare me

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Rachel

Rachel New Member

My brother in law was a police officer who was not a Christian at the time when he stopped a pastor for speeding. The pastor told him that God was going to get him because he pulled over the pastor. My brother in law told him that God will get him if he runs over a child in the street while speeding. </font>[/QUOTE]WOW! Talk about a terrible witness! Good for that officer!

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We were all secular before we got saved.

People are people, they all need the Lord and we should not expect the unsaved to act like Christians.

That being said, I have seen a lack of compassion (and unforgiveness) in "Christians" just as bad, if not worse, than I have in secular people.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I was a creep before I got saved and now I am a Christian creep. :D

4. Karen

Karen Active Member

I am curious about your anecdote. Did you come to your co-worker's defense? How is it that these people did not get you fired too, since I presume you had Christian behaviour they objected to?
    Did you do anything concrete to help this lady such as alternatives to the shelter? Where is she now? Have you done anything lately to help her?
    My point is that sometimes I am astonished and repelled at bad behaviours, but I don't always do the things I can and should to prevent or fix what happens. And I lose track of people too easily.

Karen

5. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Yours as well, perhaps?

6. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Very sage words. I agree with what you are saying here.

7. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

I am positive at one point in time that everyone who posts on this forum was once lost.

Just remember what Jesus said to Nicodemus
    I came not to condemn the world but to save it.

ask your self this question, what makes this world secular?
    Answer Human Flesh
    Guess what unless you are a dog you are no different than any other person on this seccular planet, we ALL have a Sinful nature we ALL even us Christians have the ability to be Cruel and unusul

when we Give our lives to Christ, that does NOT
    license us to judge the world

one other thing the sprit of fear is not from God that's a seccular thing

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am the "spookiest" person I know!!! :eek: :eek:

9. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Well said!

10. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Karen -

Yes, I did come to her defense.

Yes, I did have Christian behavior they objected to, strongly. However, I was an excellent employee with a good work record and many years with the company, so while they did complain when I refused to assist with "outreaches" geared to encouraging homosexuality, they did a lot of grousing, but it didn't, and couldn't, go beyond that.

Yes, I did do my best to help her out by looking into low-income-housing, government assistance, and offering her temporary housing with myself and with friends.

Yes, I have contacted her recently, and helped her find a Christian loan officer and a Christian attorney so she could work through some of the things that happened to her.

I've kind of built my life around helping people when I could, and in finding help for them when I couldn't. I've gone so far as the pay the rent for people who didn't have rent money back in the days when I wasn't living pay-check-to-pay-check myself.

However, the point of my post was not that no one helped her. It was that while these people were knowingly going out of their way to make this woman miserable, they viewed themselves as "very compassionate" people.

They knew they were being cruel. They literally plotted ways to get rid of her. Yet, saw themselves as compassionate. That just amazed me.

11. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Bob,

Yes. Mine as well.

How about yours? And anyone else who saw this thread as a good chance to take a pot-shot at a Christian?

12. Gib

Gib Active Member

and yet, daily, lost people are coming to Christ.

13. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

TexasSky,

No pop shot at a Christian. Your wording suggested the other side needed to be corrected, and I wondered if you thought your side needed correction. Asking if you were in need of correction was not intended to be offensive. My question was no valid reason for you to think you were being attacked for being Christian.

In answer to your question to me, Yes. I await being delivered from this body of death (Rom 7:24; 8:10).

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio
    June 13, 2005

14. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Gib,

When they begin to listen to the voice of God, they are no longer secular.

15. Gib

Gib Active Member

At what point are they no longer "secular?" At listening to God or becoming a Christian and living in obedience to God?

16. I Am Blessed 24

Most Christians partake in secular activities, in one form or another, every day. We haven't been raptured yet ...

17. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Gib,

At becoming a Christian. Non-Christians don't listen to God.

18. I Am Blessed 24

I have to disagree with you here TS.

We answer the Lord's call for salvation when we are non-Christians.

If a non-Christian didn't listen to God, he would never repent and confess Jesus is Lord...

19. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Blessed 16,

I think you're nit-picking to be honest.

A non-Christian is not allowing God to control his behavior, and until the moment he accepts Christ as Lord and Savior he isn't listening to God or doing the will of God.

I believe that Saul is biblical proof of my views on that. Saul totally ignored the will and teachings of Christ until the moment he met Christ on the road to Damascus. Prior to becoming saved, he did not listen to the voice of God.

There was no, "gentle spirit quietly coaching him for decades," that he finally heard.

20. I Am Blessed 24

No 'nit-picking' about it.

The Holy Spirit wooed me until I listened...

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Peter 3:9