1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seeking Info

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Journeyman, May 31, 2007.

1. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Any grads from Heartland or Champion - would like to know your thoughts on the school - did it provide what you were looking for? Are they as fundamental as they claim?
    Looking for serious responses and not opportunity for any slams.

Thanks

2. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

A good friend of mine who has Pastored since the 1960's has a grandson who is graduating from Heartland I believe next year. From talking to my friend he says his grandson really enjoys the college, but also added that he is only being taught very basic theology, he wasnt to impressed with the rigor of the schools programs of study. He also said that they have a real strict rule concerning dating while attending the college. I spoke to an Evangelist who was at our church about 6 months ago who highly recommended Champion, but all he seemed to talk about was all the building projects they had going on.He didnt mention too much about academics. This Evangelist is about as fundamental as they come, so I dont think he would recommend Champion if it was not a fundamental school. I have not graduated from either one, but just wanted to let you know what little bit of info I have heard about theses schools.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm not familiar with either one, but I would caution you not to have this attitude:
    I can understand not wanting someone to do a hatchet job, but you need to heed any negative information as well and not dismiss it as not being serious just because it doesn't meet any preconceived notions.

4. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Thanks for comments - Can anyone elaborate on the dating comment or the light theology?

I would welcome negative comments given in love and respect.

Thanks again.

5. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Some schools have VERY stringent rules regarding dating that make it nearly impossible. They restrict access between the opposite sexes so much that it is tough to have any meaningful interaction on a one-on-one basis.

I can't speak for either of those schools, its just a general observation.

And I think you might want to be specific about what you mean by fundamental. Is that code for KJVO and strong separation? I think making your feeling on the fundy label clear would help folks give you better advice as to whether this school is what you are looking for.

6. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

I have visited Champion and know several students who have gone there. It doesn't seem to be your typical Hyles/Sword type college. Dr Capaci is not what you would call a "Hyles Clone" He is a very upbeat postive man. I would recommend Champion wholeheartedly

As for Heartland I don't know much other then what I know from hearing Sam Davison preach. He seems like a good guy..