1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selections from Snamor

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chapter 9 : Man's Will Upheld

v.11 After they were born, after they had done both good and bad -- God decided to choose Jacob because Jacob chose God . Therefore man's purpose will stand .

v.13 I liked Jacob more than Esau.

v.15 I will be merciful to the deserving ones .

v.16 It depends on human desire or effort to receive God's mercy .

v.19 One may say : " God will not blame people for not being able to respond to Himself . They are not responsible if they do not have the ability to choose God ."

v.20 I quite agree , O noble man . We humans are deserving beings and God would never blame us if we are unable to obey Him . After all , He made us the way we are . We are not at fault .

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The previous was taken from the FWEV = Free Will Embellished Version . And that is from the Standing Scripture On Its Head series .

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ripon: I don't appreciate quoting from the FWEV. I use the VJK only. It should read, in verse 19,

snomar 9:19 "Thou sayest: "Thou, O God, blamest not thine people; for they have not ability; therefore they barest not their burden."

But I will offer another passage of wonder:

nhoj 3:8 The spirit bloweth where it is invited, as during the regularly scheduled revival meetings, and thou hearest the sound thereof in the vain repititions of the seekers, and can tell whence it cometh, as it cometh from our sister church, who hath their revival last fortnight; and can tell whither it goeth, to the great assembly of the First Baptists for their annual revival: so is every one that is born of the Spirit brought under great conviction by the threatenings of Diotrephes, that they will have revival or else...

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Try,

I bet you guys could get even MORE offensive and sarcastic.

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's humor. Sorry you're offended. If you start your own humerous thread with a similar theme with the opposite view, I would greatly enjoy seeing it!

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

My automatic response comes from the many times Ive seen you guys act this way in all sorts of threads being started around here lately.

Im just not that "funny"....

7. whatever

whatever New Member

I shouldn't admit this, but I was trying to figure out who Snamor was. :mad:

8. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

yeah I got a PM from Rippon telling me to be on the look out for Snamor. I was gettin perdy nervus about that, wonderun who was comin after me thru that computer screen!

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snamor is Romans spelled backwards ( theologically as well -- I might add ) .

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    8:29
    : For those whom He knew ahead of time would turn their own hearts toward Him He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order that He would be the firstborn of many brothers.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 13:48

When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who believed were then appointed to eternal life.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the Book of Calvin:

9 That if you are elect you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and be given a new heart so you may be enabled to believe that God has raised Him from the dead--you were already saved! 10 For only with a new heart can one be made righteous to believe and with the mouth confession was determined unto salvation.

...but these are written so you will be irresistibly compelled to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that being regenerated, you may have a new heart and life in His name.

In Him you were made to trust, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, you were regenerated with the Holy Spirit of promise, determining that you would believe.

12 But as many as were elected to them He gave the right to become children of God, to enable those to believe in His name:

#12 InTheLight, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013