1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sen. Biden 'I Pray God' When Democrats Take Back Control We Don't Have Naked Power Gr

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Isn’t what is really going on here that the majority does not want to hear what others have to say, even if it is the truth? Senator Moynihan, my good friend who I served with for years, said: You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The nuclear option abandons America’s sense of fair play. It is the one thing this country stands for: Not tilting the playing field on the side of those who control and own the field. I say to my friends on the Republican side: You may own the field right now, but you won’t own it forever. I pray God when the Democrats take back control, we don’t make the kind of naked power grab you are doing. But I am afraid you will teach my new colleagues the wrong lessons.” (Sen. Joe Biden, Floor Remarks, 5/23/05)

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/965...ontrol-we-dont-execute-this-naked-power-grab/

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any wonder why the RC Bishop of Scranton wont let him take communion!?!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder which god he is praying to?

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Saw a newsclip of this on Fox yesterday. If I hadn't been so angry at this attempt to totally usurp the powers of the minority, it would have been hilarious.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

This will be very amusing when the time comes that the Democrats lose control of the Senate and go crying about how unfair the Republicans are.

:tonofbricks:

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will put it back to 2/3rds a month or two before the election with a clause that it can never be changed again.

HankD