1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sen. John "Janus" McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 6, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "McCain is essentially playing the role of Janus, with two faces looking in the opposite directions. Calling for tax cuts without any plans to offset those cuts with reductions in government spending is bad economic policy, and one that has put us in the dire economic situation Americans currently face. If McCain fails to illuminate any other plans to reduce the size of government aside from stopping earmarks, he'll prove himself to be just another 'borrow-and-spend' Republican, making him no better than his Democratic rivals."

- www.lp.org/media/article_581.shtml

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for the fact that he is against abortion on demand, which both of the democrat candidates are for. I think that's a BIG difference.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I originally posted a different reply but I have withdrawn it from this thread. This thread is not about the subject of abortion.

#3 KenH, May 6, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to cherish life period. In or out of the womb makes no difference. Remember, abortion is the number one killer of children in America.

Right now, best I can remember, one of the most dangerous places a child can be is in the womb. And people want to support a president that supports that?

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry. I just read that this thread is not about abortion. My bad. I thought we were pointing out that there are differences between the candidates. Just wanted to point out one.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem. The press release deals with tax cuts and spending cuts.

We all like to direct threads towards our pet issue(s). :)

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sounds like Obama to me...

I hope Hillary wins the nomination. She will be easier to beat.

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unless he's been dead two weeks, he'll get my vote.

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen to that....

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After last night we now know that won't happen.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary is not ging away any time soon.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Of course its not. That is the big, smelly, elephant in the room for every Republican, or pro-life Democrat, who supports Obama. Obama wants to save the lives of our troops, and that is great, but he supports ending the lives of millions of babies. You want to talk about someone having "two faces looking in the opposite directions". Obama fits that bill perfectly.

Now, to the OP...

==I agree such policy is bad. Sadly it has been the policy of the current administration. However that is not the position of John McCain. McCain has made it clear that he would seek to cut wasteful government programs. He has also called for a one year discretionary spending "pause" to give him the chance to "review of the effectiveness of federal programs". So McCain does have plans in place to offset the tax cuts. Unlike Obama, however, McCain does not believe in punishing success in this country. Obama is not a racist, but he is a classist (as are many liberals). I am far from wealthy, so Obama's tax increase would probably not affect me, however I am against increasing taxes for the wealthy. For me it is a matter of principle, not politics.

12. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say "Thank You" but that's not what this thread is about, so I won't.