1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sen. Rand Paul Encourages Churches To Challenge I.R.S.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Jul 25, 2013.

1. leesw

leesw Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, well apparently I have been challenging the IRS for years.

3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is free speech but it has nothing to do with the Christian faith. Did Jesus ever speak out against the Roman Empire? No. He came to establish a heavenly kingdom not a worldly one.

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The Romans didn't rule directly. You need to research how Roman protectorates were governed. Herod and also to a lesser degree, the Pharisees, were the rulers of the area in which Jesus was ministering. And he stood up to both.

Establishing a heavenly kingdom means speaking out against those things that are contrary to the Gospel, and to Christ's rule. That includes speaking out against abortion, persecution, theft, etc. ALL of these things are in the political realm.
    A pastor who does not speak to political issues, as they are broached by the biblical text, is in dereliction of duty.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Rand Paul is the first politician from this state I have been proud of in years. There is no doubt in my mind he is going to be on national ticket sometime in the future. Rand shows the sharp difference between him and the RINOs. Just look at the gap between Rand and our other Senator Mitch McConnell.

Thanks for posting.